Coming to Oz!

Old April 2nd 04, 01:20 AM
Dominic Sansom

Default Coming to Oz!

I'll be in Australia this Saturday (02 April 04) for a week and I'
looking forward to visiting some good bike shops in Sydney (CBD). I'v
found a few on-line but I know that not all bike shops have web sites

I'd be greatfull for any recommendtaions. I'm into road bikes an
I'll be doing some basic shopping (lubes, bar tape, tubes, magazine
etc.) for me & my cycling mates back in Fiji. Although I'll mainly b
in central Sydney I can make it to other suburbs if there's a sho
worth visiting

Thanks in advance

-

Old April 2nd 04, 01:28 AM
Jack Russell

Can you tell us about cycling in Fiji. What are the roads like, would it
be possible to tour, staying at hotels or are they all resorts that you
must prebook?

Thanks

Jack Russell

Dominic Sansom wrote:

I'll be in Australia this Saturday (02 April 04) for a week and I'm
looking forward to visiting some good bike shops in Sydney (CBD). I've
found a few on-line but I know that not all bike shops have web sites.

I'd be greatfull for any recommendtaions. I'm into road bikes and
I'll be doing some basic shopping (lubes, bar tape, tubes, magazines
etc.) for me & my cycling mates back in Fiji. Although I'll mainly be
in central Sydney I can make it to other suburbs if there's a shop
worth visiting.

Thanks in advance!

Old April 2nd 04, 01:40 AM
cfsmtb

Check this link from Bicycle NSW:
http://tinyurl.com/3hhvt

Highly recommended from the above list: Cheeky Monkey Woolys Wheel

Plus there are plenty of other LBS's that people may want to add

Have fun while in Aus! ;

-

Old April 2nd 04, 08:47 AM
Andrew Swan

Dominic Sansom wrote:
I'll be in Australia this Saturday (02 April 04) for a week and I'm
looking forward to visiting some good bike shops in Sydney (CBD). I've
found a few on-line but I know that not all bike shops have web sites.

I'd be greatfull for any recommendtaions. I'm into road bikes and
I'll be doing some basic shopping (lubes, bar tape, tubes, magazines
etc.) for me & my cycling mates back in Fiji. Although I'll mainly be
in central Sydney I can make it to other suburbs if there's a shop
worth visiting.

Thanks in advance!

Given you're only here for a week, you may not have much time for
shopping around. If you're only after basic consumables like the above,
any LBS will do (although for mags you might as well go to a good
newsagent), but if you want anything more unusual like a special part or
tool, you'll probably want to go to one of the larger places (like
Woolys or Clarence Street) to ensure finding what you're after. Of
course if you have time to shop around (and don't forget mail order),
you can save a few bucks.

Andrew

Old April 2nd 04, 10:23 AM
Dominic Sansom

Jack Russell wrote:
Can you tell us about cycling in Fiji. What are the roads like, would it
be possible to tour, staying at hotels or are they all resorts that you
must prebook?
Thanks
Jack Russell

Viti Levu - the main Island of the Fiji group - is pretty goo cycling
Probably about 4-500km round the outside. The road is all tar seale
except for s few kilometres in rural areas

We are looking at a "Round Viti Levu" cycle later this year

Theres heaps of hotels ranging fro budget/backpacker to 5 star. Have
look a at BulaFiji.com

The weather is warm ALL year round but it does rain a lot especially o
the Eastern side of the island

If you want I'd be happy to get more information

-

Old April 2nd 04, 10:23 AM
flyingdutch

Clarence Street cyclery is pretty good (and in the guts of town, if
that's a consideration)

Old April 2nd 04, 12:07 PM
Dominic Sansom

Andrew Swan wrote:
Given you're only here for a week, you may not have much time for
shopping around. If you're only after basic consumables like the above,
any LBS will do (although for mags you might as well go to a good
newsagent), but if you want anything more unusual like a special part or
tool, you'll probably want to go to one of the larger places (like
Woolys or Clarence Street) to ensure finding what you're after. Of
course if you have time to shop around (and don't forget mail order),
you can save a few bucks.
Andrew

Thanks Andre

I visited Clarence Street last time I was in Sydney (bought a great Me
hemet) and I'll go again. Woolys is on my list as well as Cheeky Monke
(thanks cfsmtb)

Thank you all. I leave home at 3.30am Sat so I better get some sleep

-

Old April 2nd 04, 05:16 PM
Spider1977

Dominic Sansom wrote:
Viti Levu - the main Island of the Fiji group - is pretty goo cycling.
Probably about 4-500km round the outside. The road is all tar sealed
except for s few kilometres in rural areas.
We are looking at a "Round Viti Levu" cycle later this year.
Theres heaps of hotels ranging fro budget/backpacker to 5 star. Have a
look a at BulaFiji.com.
The weather is warm ALL year round but it does rain a lot especially on
the Eastern side of the island.
If you want I'd be happy to get more information.

Hey a "Round Viti Levu" cycle sounds fantastic. Keep us posted on when
where and how much. Always looking to escape the cold winter months

-

Old April 3rd 04, 08:21 AM
idiot

Dominic Sansom wrote:
I'll be in Australia this Saturday (02 April 04) for a week and I'm
looking forward to visiting some good bike shops in Sydney (CBD). I've
found a few on-line but I know that not all bike shops have web sites.

Were I you and I had some time, I'd jump on the Manly ferry and head fo
the Northern Beaches for a swim - then hop on a bus and visit Bik
Addiction and Brookvale Bike Factory

You'd need a bit of time though

idio

-

Old April 4th 04, 09:05 AM
kingsley

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:23:27 +0000, Dominic Sansom wrote:

Viti Levu - the main Island of the Fiji group - is pretty goo cycling.
Probably about 4-500km round the outside. The road is all tar sealed
except for s few kilometres in rural areas.

If you want I'd be happy to get more information.

Yep, please CC me in on that info...

cheers,
-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )

am i coming to your town? zach_jucha Unicycling 18 April 11th 04 05:28 AM
Check who's coming to the Black Hills Muni Weekend beelzebub of balance Unicycling 4 March 30th 04 06:57 PM
Crank Coming Loose Robbie Unicycling 6 February 25th 04 08:49 AM
%&¤%¤%### Day light saving time coming up :-( iddqdATworldonline.dk Mountain Biking 10 September 24th 03 08:21 PM