Three times battery capacity - is that Good enough?

Old March 7th 17, 05:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Three times battery capacity - is that Good enough?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lithiu...174641552.html

Still off in the future, but it sounds promising. And what a great name!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 7th 17, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Fuel cell ?

https://news.utexas.edu/2017/02/28/g...ery-technology

super... good news is premium
Old March 7th 17, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Frank Krygowski:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lithiu...174641552.html

Still off in the future, but it sounds promising. And what a great name!

94 years old and still kickin' it ???

I hope somebody gets a tissue sample from that guy before he dies so
future generations can see what such a genome looks like.

I have a personal theory about electric cars: once somebody starts
selling cars with a "Thousand-Mile Battery" electric cars will start
going mainstream.

I've been reading posts from Tesla owners on Quora.com and at least one
guy got rid of his "Backup" gas-powered car after he realized that he
had not used it in some very long time period and another guy had driven
his Tesla coast-to-coast with no particular hassles beyond planning
charging stops.

I was looking at Teslas the other day - until I found out that the one
that at least comes close to fitting my non-standard body costs over 80
grand.... Geeze, talk about sticker shock !!.

I guess I'm back to reality and the idea of trading my 2005 F-150 in for
a post-2009 (side airbags) Chevy or GMC pickup.... -)
--
Pete Cresswell
Old March 8th 17, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/7/2017 5:02 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Frank Krygowski:
[...]

I spent an hour with a friend examining their Model X in great detail a
shopping mall display. The salesman (or whatever he was) was extremely
knowledgeable, and while I'm no longer much of a car guy, the machine
was pretty darned awesome.

I guess I could sell my house and use the money to buy one...

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 8th 17, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Frank Krygowski:
I spent an hour with a friend examining their Model X in great detail a
shopping mall display. The salesman (or whatever he was) was extremely
knowledgeable, and while I'm no longer much of a car guy, the machine
was pretty darned awesome.

I guess I could sell my house and use the money to buy one...

The Model X's price is just slightly more than we paid for our house.

Here's a cute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItIyxGZUZQ
"Here's Why the Tesla Model X in and Awful Car".
Spoiler: It isn't....
--
Pete Cresswell

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL datakoll Techniques 19 April 8th 09 05:17 AM
Good article in the NY Times to day about bikes & cars sharing the road Anthony A. General 2 June 5th 07 10:14 PM
Total Capacity David James Techniques 2 September 12th 05 06:45 PM
Help - derailleur capacity LSMike UK 4 August 15th 05 10:00 PM
Derailleur Capacity John Everett Techniques 3 April 3rd 05 03:23 PM