Drivers STILL using Liverpool pop-up lane as a 'car park' afterdouble yellows installed

Old July 7th 20, 02:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Drivers STILL using Liverpool pop-up lane as a 'car park' afterdouble yellows installed

On Tuesday, 7 July 2020 01:38:58 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2020 20:17, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 6 July 2020 02:02:29 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2020 00:44, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 5 July 2020 16:35:29 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 16:29, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 5 July 2020 14:35:01 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 12:33, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 01:46:35 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 03/07/2020 23:01, Pamela wrote:
On 20:50 3 Jul 2020, Mike Collins said:
On Friday, 3 July 2020 17:52:27 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2020 17:34, Mike Collins wrote:
On Friday, 3 July 2020 15:48:36 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2020 10:46, Simon Mason wrote:

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling...ly-2020-275111

Does anyone of any importance really care?

Yes.

Who?

Me.

You're important? To whom?

To himself.

I would imagine.

Probably.

I expect.

Mind you, I could be wrong.

You? Wrong? Good grief, is that a wingéd Pig?

I allow it as a mere theoretical possibility.

But it is unlikely. Perhaps as you imply, he isn't important to himself.
All the evidence is against it, though.

I am the reason the universe exists, when I die the universe will cease to be.

That was suspected. Thank you for confirming it.

All of which is irrelevant.

"Irrelevant" to what?

The photo shows a car parked on the footway, on double yellow lines and obstructing a cycleway.
Do you condone or condemn the driver, those are the only options available to you.

I ask why a city council would wish to interfere in such a manner with
the lives of the residents (of whom there are several hundred along the
300 yards or so of Kingsley Road, between Upper Parliamant Street and
Princes Gate.

Other than for virtue-signalling, of course.

It's not as though Kingsley Road is a main route, not that you would
know that.

Just answer the question, do you condone or condemn the motorist for parking on the footway?

Parking on a footway?

Is that what they residents were doing?

Yes, the photo clearly shows it. Do you condone or condemn this?

Justification for motorists obstructing the footway snipped
Old July 7th 20, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 8:17:59 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

Just answer the question, do you condone or condemn the motorist for parking on the footway?

On double yellow lines as well.

See:
https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/fi...p-marshall.PNG
Old July 7th 20, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 02:19 7 Jul 2020, Mike Collins said:

[...]

As Simon has already pointed out, the motorist should not park on double
yellow lines.

By the way, are you feeling better after your psychotic outburst the other
day? I mean this one:

Old July 7th 20, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

wrote:

[...]

I didn't look at it. I rarely click on links provided by other posters
in this NG. You never know what you might find there (or what might find
you).

Do you condone or condemn this?

First, is it illegal to park on a footway in that location?

Please answer that question clearly and unambiguously, particularly as
you pose as the font of all knowledge on such subjects.

Justification for motorists obstructing the footway snipped

Old July 7th 20, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 07/07/2020 12:26, Pamela wrote:
[...]

There are exceptions to that rule (as, indeed, there are to most "no
waiting" rules).

Old July 7th 20, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 12:27:00 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

As Simon has already pointed out, the motorist should not park on double
yellow lines.

Or drive along the footway and then partially block it.

https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/fi...p-marshall.PNG