Swap Meet at the LA Velodrome Jan 28

Old January 5th 07, 03:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

Default Swap Meet at the LA Velodrome Jan 28

I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State Dominguez
and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.

http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf

Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white people
get'n shot.
--
Slack
Old January 5th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Slack wrote:
I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State
Dominguez and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.

http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf

Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white
people get'n shot.
--Slack

And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.

Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
only good for the first hour.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 5th 07, 03:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:41:57 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:

Slack wrote:
I have no idea how good or bad it will be, so don't blame me. The
velodrome is right next door to the Home Depot Center, Cal State
Dominguez and just a couple miles from the 110 & 91 fwy intersection.
I'm going to try yo make it because I'd like to pick up a little 48cm
track bike. Hopefully they'll be some mtb stuff, too.
http://lavelodrome.org/Events/20070128SwapMeet.pdf
Be careful and don't go sight seeing when you get off the freeway;
although the velodrome isn't in a real bad area, Compton and Watts are
just up the street. I wouldn't want to hear about you overly white
people get'n shot.
--Slack

And you'll just use you east LA Chicano slang on any perpetrators that
come by? Better pick up a rainbow skull cap. That'll confuse them.

Naw, I almost always get along well with our dark brothers and especially
the sistas :-)

Get there early if you want the good stuff. The one in eastern PA was
only good for the first hour.

Thanks, that was what I was wondering -- I'm assuming it will be rather
limited/small pickings. Plus, I just realized they are running a race that
same day.
--
Slack
Old January 5th 07, 03:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Slack wrote:
[...]

Trexlertown? First hour AND last hour.

First hour you can get all the used, weird, interesting stuff from they
guys selling stuff on top of a sheet on the grass. Last hour is when
you hit the bike shops who don't want to have to put that stuff back
into the truck.

It's a good time.

/s

Old January 6th 07, 12:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:33:47 -0800, Scott Gordo
wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Slack wrote:
[...]

Excellent points... thanks for tip.
--
Slack

Old January 8th 07, 05:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Slack wrote:
[...]

JD, you get so butch when you're defensive!

/s

Old January 8th 07, 05:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Slack wrote:
[...]

That's how it works in Trexlertown, anyway. No experience with the Home
Depot deal, but I'll bet there'll be lots of interesting vintage steel
stuff in So Cal that wouldn't survive the Northeast's weather.

/s

Old January 8th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Scott Gordo wrote:

That's how it works in Trexlertown, anyway. No experience with the Home
Depot deal, but I'll bet there'll be lots of interesting vintage steel
stuff in So Cal that wouldn't survive the Northeast's weather.

I'd really like to stop by to check it out but in all likelihood I'll be
moving that weekend.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old January 9th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:13:59 -0800, G.T. wrote:

Scott Gordo wrote:
That's how it works in Trexlertown, anyway. No experience with the
Depot deal, but I'll bet there'll be lots of interesting vintage steel
stuff in So Cal that wouldn't survive the Northeast's weather.

I'd really like to stop by to check it out but in all likelihood I'll be
moving that weekend.

Greg

Moving again.... didn't you just recently move?
--
Slack