Someone actually asked for my autograph

Old September 7th 03, 01:09 AM
JJuggle

Default Someone actually asked for my autograph

Cool story, but I don't know, impersonating a celebrity in the United
States? That could be serious.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

"I think gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." - Candidate
Arnold Schwarzenegger
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old September 7th 03, 01:22 AM
tomblackwood

UniBrier wrote:
*I obliged, what a great kid.*

Steve, you're messing me up. I've been selling autographed pictures of
you that I produced and paid some wino to sign by the gross. If you
start getting the real signature out there, it's going to call the value
of my goods into question.

Discretion please.....

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

My other brake is my face!

Old September 7th 03, 06:50 AM
UniBrier

tomblackwood wrote:
*Discretion please..... *

I signed it "Tom Blackwood".

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old September 7th 03, 09:30 PM
john_childs

gerblefranklin wrote:
*One thing, aren't skinnies the thin sides of 2x4s. Just wonderin. *

A skinny is anything long and narrow. It could be a 12" diameter log,
the wide side of of a 2x4, the wide side of a 2x8, a curb with a drop on
both sides, a railroad rail, or anything else long and skinny. There is
no requirement that it has to be the skinny side of a 2x4.

Since "skinny" by itself does not tell you anything about the width or
nature of the object it is a good idea to describe the skinny object by
saying something like "a skinny 12 inch diameter log".

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old September 8th 03, 04:07 AM
chirokid

UniBrier wrote:
*I was in full armor and helmet practicing skinny riding on a
horizontal 12" diameter 45 foot long telephone pole.
*

Great job UniBrier. You have impressed me too. If I had been there, I
would have asked for your autograph also. That is, unless you were
really signing them, Tom Blackwood! LOL

Question: Do you mount while up on the "skinny?" Or do you hop or ride
onto the "skinny?" Thanks in advance. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old September 8th 03, 03:00 PM
UniBrier

chirokid wrote:
*Question: Do you mount while up on the "skinny?" Or do you hop or
ride onto the "skinny?" Thanks in advance. --chirokid-- *

I mounted while up on the skinny. The pole was cradled in both ends so
it was about 20" high at the ends and about 16" at the center due to the
pavement on the parking lot side. I found a block and hopped from ground
to block to pole too, got on the pole several times but never
transitioned to riding.

Initialy I was focusing too much on the pedal and pole right in front of
the uni. I found not looking at the pedal and moving my focus point a
bit farther out helped. (Just like skiing, no need to look at the tips,
they'll still be there when you get to the bottom of the hill: The pedal
will still be there even if you don't see it.) I was using a static
mount, also seemed to help to have the rear pedal a bit higher than
ususal, above horizontal, to get started.

It was cool to land several rolling drops, regardless of pedal postion.
The improvement continues but my trials will always be lame.

I could have spent another hour playing on the thing but I had to watch
the soccer game and my public was waiting.

Regarding "skinnies". My skinny is another riders boulevard!