How much "play" is ok for Campy Ergo shifters?

Old July 22nd 04, 07:07 PM
sfcommuter

Default How much "play" is ok for Campy Ergo shifters?

Built up my first road bike with 9sp Chorus shifters a few months ago
and love them; however, I read a post recently where someone was
complaining that they had to move the right/rear shift lever "past the
brake lever" before it clicked.

Having no prior experience with Campy Ergo Shifters, I assumed the fact
that I have to push the shift lever far in past the brake lever before
it shifts was "normal", but now I'm wondering how much play should
there be in the shift lever before they click? Is this adjustable?

--
sfcommuter

Old July 23rd 04, 02:13 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

sfcommuter- I read a post recently where someone was
complaining that they had to move the right/rear shift lever "past the
brake lever" before it clicked. BRBR

Must move about an inch+ to make it shift, move the shift disc and pull enough
cable to have it move the chain to the next cog. Not adjustable and I'm pretty
sure yours are OK.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Ergo shifters Rob Weinstock Techniques 4 March 12th 04 06:46 PM
Will Sachs Ergo shifters work with xt or lx mountain group? Steve Knight Techniques 17 February 5th 04 03:44 PM