New Koxx freestyle.

Old July 11th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fexnix

Default New Koxx freestyle.

I don't know if there's a thread about it aldready but anyway.
Koxx has a new freestyle unicycle, or at least a new frame.
It's made of aluminium so it should be pretty light.

I'm thinking about getting that frame for my freestyle but on the Koxx1
it says it costs 175 Euro and I don't know if I want to spend that
much...

Check the pic!
[image:
http://www.koxx-one.com/matos/monos/...ure-heavy.jpg]

--
fexnix

'My 29er page' (www.teamld.2ya.com)
'My fresh album' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

Old July 11th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

I ride a few minutes on it (stand up). Yes the crown is realy grippy,
but it hurts my feets, because the frame is higher on the corners and
my feet stand only on the corner of the frame. I personaly like the old
siegmono (or semcycle i think it is the same) long neck frame the most.

--
Lutz

Sponsors: 'POINT RACING TEAM' (http://www.pointbike.de) 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de)
Me: 'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
'www.extremeunicycling.de' (http://www.extremeunicycling.de)

'Video' (http://www.ajata.de/2m/lutz/point.wmv)
Lutz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1752

Old July 11th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
swarbrim

Probailer2 wrote:
That grippy crown thing is ripped from the new KH frame, but it's a cool
frame.
But it's only good for freestyle and not trial.

Yes, its a freestyle unicycle... And I still think it would be really
strong, although not wide enough for a trials tyre.

Looks really nice, I like the way Koxx is going.

Mike

--
swarbrim

Add me at

'i like things big' Amanda

'I prefer "badunkadunk", myself' Dudewithasock
swarbrim's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old July 11th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Niko

The frame looks gorgeous, but appart from that I have my doubts.

Like Lutz I like a flat top for standup stuff. I wonder how long it
will take to break the aluminum seatpost (I killed several steel
seatpost on my freestyle uni, not to mention my alu trial seatpost).
Apart from that there seems to be nothing special on this uni, not even
a splined hub like on the new Qu-ax.

A truly flat crown alu frame with such a grippy pattern, now that might
be something! Still I would love to try the Koxx frame, at least they
are trying something new. I also heard that one of the Koxx-sponsored
freestyle riders liked the frame alot.

--
Niko
Niko's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10976

Old July 11th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Probailer2 wrote:
That grippy crown thing is ripped from the new KH frame, but it's a cool
frame.
But it's only good for freestyle and not trial.

And KH's grippy crown thing was ripped from the DM Ringmaster Advanced.

The Koxx-One frame looks a lot like a DM Ringmaster Advanced, except
that the frame is aluminum instead of steel.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old July 11th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unijesse

if that thing comes w/ the pink lady, i know what my next freestyle is
gonna be

--
unijesse

They put on panda suits and then pretend they're milking a cow. It's
art. You wouldn't get it.

Unicycle For Christ

unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

Old July 11th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

john_childs wrote:
And KH's grippy crown thing was ripped from the DM Ringmaster Advanced.

The Koxx-One frame looks a lot like a DM Ringmaster Advanced, except
that the frame is aluminum instead of steel.

OK that I didn't know
Forgive me please

--
Probailer2

"Mmmmm... Sexy welds."
Real guys ride a 24"
Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

Old July 11th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Probailer2 wrote:
OK that I didn't know
Forgive me please

Just making sure we get some historical perspective.
I doubt that DM was the first to make a frame with a knurled crown
tube. Everything old is new again.

I was a little incorrect. The frame is actually more like the DM
Ringmaster Advanced Custom. The Custom frame had a flat crown like the
Koxx-One does. The regular Ringmaster Advanced had a slightly sloping
crown.

Old July 11th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Probailer2 wrote:
OK that I didn't know
Forgive me please

Peter, I don't know about Mike, but I forgive you...

--
DustinSchaap

(old nick: dustinmichels)
DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614

Old July 12th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I think for all of you who like 20" splined street unis with skinny
tires this would be awesome. combine this with maxxis hookworm, alex
triple wall rim, koxx 110 or 125 splined cranks and splined hub, nimbus
gel saddle, koxx clamp, KH seat post, torker LX pedals,
drool

is it availble in the US?

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

The ultimate freestyle unicycle... andrew_carter Unicycling 31 November 12th 08 05:37 AM
New Koxx freestyle. Probailer2 Unicycling 0 July 11th 06 04:29 PM
My opinion on freestyle and muni has changed... UniTyler Unicycling 44 February 9th 06 07:20 PM
Freestyle Club tylercox Unicycling 13 March 24th 05 09:52 PM
GB4 20 Inch Freestyle Mojoe Unicycling 3 December 7th 03 05:55 AM