Trick cyclist from 1900

Old June 22nd 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Trick cyclist from 1900

Photos of the trick cyclist "Prof. Fourcher":

http://www.fourcher.com/fourcher.htm

http://www.archivesalberta.org/extreme/cityofedm.htm

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:13864

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:15445

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:19395

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:19396

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:28520

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:29400

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:33773

Judging by the family site, "Fourcher" was probably his real name,
despite the fact that it means both "fork" (as in a bicycle fork) and
a form of legal "trickery" (as is trick cyclist).

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old June 23rd 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:55:54 -0600, wrote:

Photos of the trick cyclist "Prof. Fourcher":

http://www.fourcher.com/fourcher.htm

http://www.archivesalberta.org/extreme/cityofedm.htm

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:13864

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:15445

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:19395

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:19396

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:28520

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:29400

http://museumofnyc.doetech.net/image...y=OBJECT:33773

Judging by the family site, "Fourcher" was probably his real name,
despite the fact that it means both "fork" (as in a bicycle fork) and
a form of legal "trickery" (as is trick cyclist).

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Bah!

These two links work well:

http://www.fourcher.com/fourcher.htm

http://www.archivesalberta.org/extreme/cityofedm.htm

But several emails have complained that the museum site is either so
slow or so unreliable that the pictures of the 1900 trick cyclist are
unavailable.

The simplest solution is brazen piracy:

http://i13.tinypic.com/67sm97s.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/67yxobt.jpg

http://i12.tinypic.com/6cnoqcn.jpg

http://i12.tinypic.com/6gxjfi9.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/662rvaq.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/63rt8w8.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/4y961x1.jpg

And as long as I have my cutlass between my teeth . . .

This shows the set-up for riding in a wooden bowl, but not the bowl
that most people have seen:
http://i11.tinypic.com/66vfz1c.jpg

Here's the other bowl, the one that you may have seen:
http://i14.tinypic.com/53hsgmd.jpg

This looks like the picture that you may have seen, but isn't:
http://i13.tinypic.com/61lz401.jpg

The well-known pictu
http://i12.tinypic.com/6cx1xn6.jpg

Look, ma, no hands!
http://i7.tinypic.com/5xnygk5.jpg

Yarrr, me hearties!

Lancelot Blackburne
Old June 23rd 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
waxbytes[_5_]

Look, ma, no hands!
http://i7.tinypic.com/5xnygk5.jpg

Yarrr, me hearties!

Lancelot Blackburne

Didn't know W-Mart assembled and sold bicycles back then !

--
waxbytes

New bc trick for me. Spencer Hochberg Unicycling 1 November 28th 06 11:38 PM
new trick? gordythegon Unicycling 13 November 14th 06 04:20 PM
BC trick? mornish Unicycling 9 June 22nd 06 02:13 PM
i need a new trick... mojobo1 Unicycling 30 December 11th 05 02:38 PM
Cyclist shot in B'ham - By another cyclist! John Mallard UK 8 May 8th 04 11:24 PM