we need is a president who rides a bike

Old August 9th 07, 01:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Ed_Zep

Default we need is a president who rides a bike

George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that he
has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
home heating oil came into widespread use.

Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more truthful
angle.- Hide quoted text -

Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.

Apart from that...

Old August 9th 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

"Ed_Zep" wrote in message
oups.com...
George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that
he
has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
home heating oil came into widespread use.

Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more
truthful
angle.- Hide quoted text -

Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.

Apart from that...

What I said was fact not logic.

So tell me more about those huge profits you say the family made from oil.
Care to give some details? Personally I don't think you know *anything*
about what you are talking about.

As I recall it was Bill Clinton who rejected Kyoto and for good reason I
might add. Denial about climate change? Seems to me climate is always
changing - when did Bush deny that? And then there's always the oil. Tell
me where is the Iraqi oil.

You are merely spouting off and it ain't oil you're spouting.

(not Tom) Keats

Old August 10th 07, 05:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
datakoll

On Aug 2, 11:42 am, "Keats" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 2, 9:25 am, "Keats" wrote:
After having a president by and for the SUVs, we need a chance for our
humble bikes. Maybe we need to come up with a bicycle party, since
they have a Big Oil party.

George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that
he
has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
home heating oil came into widespread use.

Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more
truthful
angle.-

Maybe he's having a good time riding bike between cocktail and
cocktail, but most American don't feel any safer riding a bike than
the troops he sent to Iraq.

Something tells me you aren't exactly all squared away. Were you whacked in
the head by a windmill blade somewhere along the line?- Hide quoted text -

its beyond comprehension: today he said ima told wera not gonna print
money. 2-3 hours later they started printing money. i usta think he
was joking, today i believe they set him out on the lawn and set him
on fire.

Old August 10th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_460_]

On Aug 2, 9:25 am, "Keats" wrote:
[...]

gene for President 2008!

Old August 10th 07, 03:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
datakoll

On Aug 2, 11:42 am, "Keats" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Aug 2, 9:25 am, "Keats" wrote:
[...]

good grief!

Old August 10th 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

"datakoll" wrote in message
oups.com...

its beyond comprehension: today he said ima told wera not gonna print
money. 2-3 hours later they started printing money. i usta think he
was joking, today i believe they set him out on the lawn and set him
on fire.

When the bicycling groups leading economist speaks we listen.

Keats