Full susser or Hardtail

Old December 11th 03, 08:08 PM
Jimmy Hitler

Default Full susser or Hardtail

This has probably been discussed before but I would be grateful your
opinion ...
it might save a big fall out .
Me mate tried cross country racing last year with a specialized full susser
and did quite well but felt he lost a lot on the hills and as the downhill's
where not that bad a light hard tail was the order of the day and the fact
the 99 % of the riders where using them ...he's now the proud owner of a
specialized m5 with lots of exspensive and light goodies attached to it .
Our other mate is adamant that a full susser with lockout would be a far
better option as you have the best of both worlds and the fact that the
world championship was won on a full susser says he is right .. No one will
shift their opinion .

What do you think ?...

Jim

Old December 11th 03, 09:02 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Jimmy Hitler wrote:

This has probably been discussed before but I would be grateful your
opinion ...
it might save a big fall out .
Me mate tried cross country racing last year with a specialized full susser
and did quite well but felt he lost a lot on the hills and as the downhill's
where not that bad a light hard tail was the order of the day and the fact
the 99 % of the riders where using them ...he's now the proud owner of a
specialized m5 with lots of exspensive and light goodies attached to it .
Our other mate is adamant that a full susser with lockout would be a far
better option as you have the best of both worlds and the fact that the
world championship was won on a full susser says he is right .. No one will
shift their opinion .

I ride a rigid MTB so I'm hardly qualified to comment. However, the
full susser with lockout still has the weight penalty on the hills.

The world champion rides what he's paid to ride - take no notice of that!

Old December 12th 03, 08:38 AM
Tony Raven

Jimmy Hitler wrote:

What do you think ?...

You should change the topic to "steel or aluminium" or "helmet or not helmet"
and when they've solved those topics, come back to suspension or not
suspension.

Tony

Old December 12th 03, 07:57 PM
Jimmy Hitler

But they where not arguing over these topics ...
Everyone knows a helmet makes you go faster ... ...

Old December 12th 03, 11:48 PM
Andy

"Jimmy Hitler" wrote in message
[...]

If you want a race bike then get a light hardtail. If you want an all day
"peaks" bike get a full suss. If you ride in Norfolk then get a rigid bike.
Depends on what type of riding you do and where you do it, innit.