Just wondering

Old August 11th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

Default Just wondering

**So I was just wondering if i could take'this frame'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=662) and use it to
replace the frame on 'this unicycle.'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=765)

I know that bearing sizes and seatpost diameter matter but I wasn't
sure about all that. I just want to "lighten up" my 24"er. I don't have
enough money to get a full KH 24", but I really need to upgrade it b/c
it's getting harder and harder to do trials on it.

It's just a quick question that I need help with because I don't want
to order a frame and when I try and fit all the parts together I'm not
all like, "Well....damn."

--
The UniSLAB
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 11th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

yes
You will need 'these ' (http://tinyurl.com/2esw2o)spacers. Or you can
make your own by putting aluminum tape (local hardware store) on the
bearings to get them up to 42 mm.

I've heard the weight won't make a big difference for trials. W/ my
diminutive skills I noticed on the one I tried was it's a teeny bit
easier to maintain momentum up hills, and to push/carry up if on foot.

When I break the frame on my '06 DX I think I'll replace it w/ a nimbus
and use it for commuting/street/trials.

More $ for a full KH.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 11th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

And if you want a KH 24, read this thread
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60873
It would be better to buy a whole KH and sell your torker, or at
least much cheaper. You have to figure shipping costs etc.
I doubt, if you are unhappy with your torker, you will be happy until
you have a complete KH or Koxx. Building one piece by piece will cost
you a lot more. Just enjoy the ride you have , and then buy a new uni
when you are ready.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 11th 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

First of all, order your frame from Bedford if you're gonna. It's
cheaper.

Second, get the 2007, not the 2005. It's better.

Third, I say go for it, if you got the money and the want. It's a
better, lighter frame - a good upgrade.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 11th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

Alright thanks for all the advice and Hopefully I can order one soon.

--
The UniSLAB
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 11th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

I had bad luck with the bearing adapter sleeves.

Adapted my Nimbus muni cotterless wheel to the KH frame with the
bearing sleeves. The bearing caps had a gap between the cap and the
frame. So tightening the caps would compressed the bearing. Leaving
the cap screws loose enough to not compress the bearings, and the wheel
would tilt and rub the frame with heavy pedaling up hills. I had a 3"
wide tire.

I then upgraded to the KH wheel made for the KH frame, the bearings fit
like a glove. The caps could be tightened to the frame, no gap, the
bearings are not compressed, and are held securely.

So I think the adapters don't work out as well as the correct bearing
size.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken ... I say it's a great exercise. They say it's a mid-life thing.
http://www.usenet.com

just wondering???? rem48 Unicycling 11 August 6th 07 08:56 PM
Been Wondering Where Tam Is?? Gags Australia 13 June 25th 07 10:10 PM
Just wondering Terri Rides 1 June 23rd 06 06:38 PM
I was wondering.... dragondelano Unicycling 2 October 18th 05 01:17 AM
just wondering supertones Unicycling 6 December 23rd 03 11:33 AM