Campy spare parts

Old April 22nd 04, 10:26 PM
Donald Gillies

Default Campy spare parts

My local bike shop offered to get me some campagnolo spare parts,
specifically, a 28.6 clamp to convert my 2003 chorus front derailleur
to 28.6 mm, and some other small brake parts. The 2004 centuar
derailleur is listed with a 28.6 clamp, and the 31.8 and 34.9 and
other parts are identical to chorus, so I know that the centaur clamp
will work on my chorus derailleur. yes, i know i could get a brazeon
and an adapter for 28.6.

It seems that my favorite shop was either reluctant, or unable, to get
these parts directly from campagnolo. they had to get the spares from
a 3rd party supplier - not quality bicycle parts (QBP).

Is campagnolo still offering spare parts direct to bike shops ?? If
so, how far in the past can you usually go and be assured of getting
the parts ?? Or has Campagnolo USA stopped supplying spare parts as a
marketing policy ?

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Old April 23rd 04, 01:54 AM
Richard Sachs

Campagnolo never offered them directly - your LBS has
to buy them from an authorized distributor such as QBP.
e-RICHIE

Old April 23rd 04, 02:00 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

gillies- a 28.6 clamp to convert my 2003 chorus front derailleur
to 28.6 mm, and some other small brake parts. The 2004 centuar
derailleur is listed with a 28.6 clamp, and the 31.8 and 34.9 and
other parts are identical to chorus, so I know that the centaur clamp
will work on my chorus derailleur BRBR

Is campagnolo still offering spare parts direct to bike shops ?? BRBR

Don't know about Canada, eh?? But Campagnolo USA can supply some stuff.

Gillies If
so, how far in the past can you usually go and be assured of getting
the parts ?? BRBR

As far back as the parts that haven't changed...

A28.6mm clamp assembly, either Centaur or Chorus is very expensive, BTW. It's
cheaper to buy a Veloce front der...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Old April 23rd 04, 02:01 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Richard- Campagnolo never offered them directly - your LBS has
to buy them from an authorized distributor such as QBP. BRBR

Depends on the part. I have gotten some small parts from Campagnolo, USA...

QBP doesn't stock the clamp assembly..BTW-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Old April 24th 04, 02:42 AM
A Muzi

Donald Gillies wrote:

[...]

The sales office of Campagnolo USA hasn't had parts in stock
since they were in Houston, back in the 80s.

There are a plenitude of distributors who cover the entire
country with overnight or two-day service. Any one of them
could drop a derailleur body in an express envelope for a
couple of bucks on any given day.

The handful of employees in California are there to service
manufacturers and distributors. That facility wasn't set up
as a parts house because their extensive distributor network
does that job very well already.

Third party? Your distributors order directly from Vicenza
and send parts right to your dealer's door.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old April 24th 04, 02:42 AM
A Muzi

Donald Gillies wrote:

[...]

Spare Campy Rear Wheel for Training IanD Techniques 5 February 16th 04 03:16 PM
Campy Ergo 8 speed shifter parts becoming scarce? Jonathan Quist Techniques 6 December 9th 03 02:37 PM
Spare Parts? BB Mountain Biking 0 November 16th 03 01:59 AM
Campy drivetrain setup for touring rosco Techniques 37 October 31st 03 10:40 PM
WTB: Campy brake levers- All Shimano goes. Paul Kopit Techniques 7 August 4th 03 02:07 PM