road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - CHOSEN AND BOUGHT

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Maurice Wibblington

Default road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - CHOSEN AND BOUGHT

Chums

Thanks for all the advice on the recent thread of almost the same
name. Being Mr Impatient I popped into town and had a chat with the
owner at Colchester Cycle Store, who gave good advice, even as it
became clear that my needs were pointing to a lower priced solutionl,
as a racer with flat handlebars was just what I wanted.

I got a Claud Butler Shogun Spirit :
http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/ROAD/spirit.html

Shimano 2200 series 16 speed gears with STI control levers.

Sugino double 42/52T with alloy crank.

Rigida Nova 700C narrow section rims
with 32 hole quick release hubs and 700C x 25
road tyres.

Took a detour home and was instantly impressed - although bear in mind
my only experience was a sub£100 MTB.

Sweet as a nut, gear changing a quantum leap over what I had before,
and, most importantly, spent most of the time on the lower of the two
gears, and got my legs going round a lot faster, and to much greater
effect than before. wheeeeeeeeeeee.

And all for only 250squids, so She Who Must Be Obeyed is quite pleased
as I had been priming her for 400squids. :-)