Money, time & bikes

Old October 18th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Default Money, time & bikes

mSimon Lewis wrote:
Dan C writes:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:10:36 +0000, Jobst Brandt wrote:

Bill Baka wrote:

I find the suppositions faulty, considering that I commuted to work
for more than thirty years to various divisions of HP, some a bit more
than an hour distant from home by the route I chose. None of these
commute trips affected my time of arrival at the office nor affected
the eight hour work day, all bicycling done before or after the time
when non bicyclists began or ended the working day.
Before that I commuted to work by bicycle in Stuttgart (D) using the
same methods I later used in the Santa Clara Valley, working at HP.
Your analysis sounds like nay-saying to me similar to HSR activists
for the SF Bay area who do their damnedest to prove HSR is an all
around social and financial loss while claiming to be HSR advocates.
Did you factor in the costs of at least 2 locks? With quick change
seats and rear tires some people have come out to find their front
wheel safe and the rest gone. I have to lock my seat down in my area
which is either saying something about where I live or the economy as a
whole.
I've never owned a lock for my bicycle and made a point of parking it
among my credible and legal coworkers. From your description, I take it
you live in a rude neighborhood. What is the point of your fear tactic?

Jobst Brandt

He doesn't have a point. He's Bill Baka, and he just rambles on
aimlessly, often with no relevance to the original subject. That's just
what he does. I personally believe he is somewhat retarded. Certainly
his "tall tales" are not to be believed. He is fun to laugh at,
though.

He would get on well with Jobst then. Who seems to think it unnecessary
to lock his bike. I mean. Really.

Believe what you like. I dad one stolen stolen from my front porch while
my wife was making dinner.
I don't like walking 3 miles with groceries that would have fit in my racks.

Bill Baka
Old October 18th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Lewis

Bill Baka writes:

Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

You didn't understand what I said did you?

I was suggesting it is ludicrous NOT to lock your bike at all times.

Old October 18th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 07:52:41 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

Dumb ass. Take a reading comprehension course, Billy.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 18th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

Hey Bill. Since the early 20th century (we're now in the 21st century),
we've had these neat things called "cars". Maybe you should look into
that...

Damn. Stone-cold-stupid.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 18th 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 07:46:07 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

Jobst Brandt wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

it you live in a rude neighborhood. What is the point of your frar
tactic?

Jobst Brandt

Too crowded in the bay area but too far too commute. Got me out of the
daily commute crowd but I am think if moving out of California and
working os some wind energy projects and others. I thought there was
less crime up here too, but I was wrong on that too.

You're wrong on about everything, aren't you Bill?

Story of your life...

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 18th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Simon Lewis wrote:
Bill Baka writes:

Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

OH!
Yeah, Bikes seem to be a target no matter where you park. When living in
San Jose I had 3 cars, 3 motorcycles, and at least 2 bikes stolen.
I learned that even if 99.9% of the population is honest the 0.1% will
steal whatever he can even if you just duck in for a coke.
My favorite places let me take the bike in the building.

Bill Baka

Planning a smooth going trip. Money, Sleeping arrangements, time, training and routes wickedbob Unicycling 6 December 8th 08 05:07 AM
Time To Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is Nuxx Bar UK 21 April 12th 08 12:02 AM
New Site For srapping like Orkut which gives money for the time you remain on internet..!!! kishor Unicycling 0 March 18th 07 06:29 AM
Money for bikes warrwych Australia 8 June 2nd 05 07:40 AM
Row Bikes And Apple Quick Time doug thomas Recumbent Biking 9 January 31st 05 04:07 PM