how to post to moderated group?

Old October 20th 09, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Jackson

Default how to post to moderated group?

In article ,
bugbear wrote:
Made another post at 11:48. Hasn't appeared yet (current 13:25 ish)

You seem to mean 10:48. I guess your computer clock was wrong.

Looking at the logs I see that your message was rejected by a
moderator with the category `reject charter' at 2009-10-20 11:13:59
BST, presumably because it was a test message. The system tried to
send you an ack and a rejection notice but of course your email
address was munged so that didn't make it.

So I think everything should be working for you. If you have
something to say about bicycles please go ahead and post it :-).

FYI I don't mind looking this up for you, but you could have found
this information yourself by looking at
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/uc...tump/urcm.logs
and searching for `bugbear'.

--
Ian Jackson personal email:
These opinions are my own. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/
Old October 20th 09, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:09:39 +0100, "Wm..."
wrote:

Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:10:38
uk.rec.cycling alan.holmes

I can't find it in the list of newsgroups either!

highwinds haven't caught up yet; ask them nicely and they should add it.

It's there this morning.
Old October 20th 09, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Ian Jackson wrote:
In article ,
bugbear wrote:
Made another post at 11:48. Hasn't appeared yet (current 13:25 ish)

You seem to mean 10:48. I guess your computer clock was wrong.

Looking at the logs I see that your message was rejected by a
moderator with the category `reject charter' at 2009-10-20 11:13:59
BST, presumably because it was a test message. The system tried to
send you an ack and a rejection notice but of course your email
address was munged so that didn't make it.

So I think everything should be working for you. If you have
something to say about bicycles please go ahead and post it :-).

FYI I don't mind looking this up for you, but you could have found
this information yourself by looking at
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/uc...tump/urcm.logs
and searching for `bugbear'.

Since my first failure didn't generate
anything there, I guess it didn't occur
to me to look on the second occasion.

I just assumed that whatever fix had been applied
had failed.

My bad.

BugBear
Old October 20th 09, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Jackson

In article ,
bugbear wrote:
Since my first failure didn't generate
anything there, I guess it didn't occur
to me to look on the second occasion.

Right.

I just assumed that whatever fix had been applied
had failed.

A natural assumption.

Old October 20th 09, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_3_]

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:24:19 +0100, bugbear wrote:

Ian Jackson wrote:
In article , bugbear
wrote:
I've appended the message, from my out box.

Great, thanks.

It's not on the group, and I can't see any trace in the logs.
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/uc...tump/urcm.logs

Indeed.

It was mistakenly rejected by chiark at 11:29 this morning, before I
fixed the mail problem that Clive George refers to. Try again now.

Made another post at 11:48. Hasn't appeared yet (current 13:25 ish)

Appended as before.

BugBear

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:48:09 +0100 From: bugbear
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling.moderated
Subject: Hello
charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Wm... wrote:

giganews has got you now

a friendly wave to all.

Second attempt at posting from plusnet!

Hello to the new wonderland!

BugBear

I blocked that, and replied to the sender address explaining that test
posting was being blocked as a matter of policy. If the sender address
wasn't valid, that's your problem.

--
(Simon Brooke) http://www.journeyman.cc/~simon/
Wannabe a Web designer?
Old October 20th 09, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jms

wrote:

Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:10:38
uk.rec.cycling alan.holmes

I can't find it in the list of newsgroups either!

highwinds haven't caught up yet; ask them nicely and they should add it.

Hello it's the Worm...

Are you going to do the decent think and carry out your part of our
agreement?

Or are you going to continue to prove that you have no honour
whatsoever?

--

British Medical Association (BMA)
View on helmets:

Several studies provided solid scientific evidence that bicycle helmets
protect against head, brain, severe brain and facial injuries,
as well as death, as a result of cycling accidents
Old October 20th 09, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:07:17 +0100, Peter Clinch
wrote:

Paul Rudin wrote:

Some news clients require you to explicitly refresh the list of groups
before they'll show you new ones. I have no experience of Seamonkey...

Using T-Bird (an oldish one, really ought to update it...) which should
be fairly similar, I did a refresh for the new group to appear (on
news.individual.net).

Posting to the group isn't instantaneous: your post goes to the
moderation queue where it sits until one of the mod team have a chance
to wave it through (or not). You'll get an auto-reply that it's landed
in the queue, assuming it, errr, lands in the queue and you sent it from
an Actual email address.

Moderation seems to be reasonably brisk. ****e and trolls happily
minimised, so I'd say best to leave the numpties like a pack of rabid
mongooses dancing on an empty snake skin and transfer cycling related
business to urcm.

Pete.

Yes it is quite pleasant here now that the ****wits have left.

--

Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors".
(Daily Mail)

Old October 20th 09, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

jms wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:44:39 +0100, Keitht KeithT wrote:

Mr. Benn wrote:
Ian Jackson wrote in
:

In article ,
bugbear wrote:
I've appended the message, from my out box.
Great, thanks.

It's not on the group, and I can't see any trace in the logs.
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/uc...tump/urcm.logs
Indeed.

It was mistakenly rejected by chiark at 11:29 this morning, before I
fixed the mail problem that Clive George refers to. Try again now.
What a fantastically crap system "chiark" is. Did you design it yourself
or did one of the other Party members do it for you?

Hi Judith

'Fraid not sunshine.

I am not the only one with the ability to analyse a situation and come
to a correct result.

You would have thought that Jackson would have tested it properly.

If you look at other posts - it appears it has been both crap and
contentious for about ten years.

I do however love the way that you always respond to posts you think
are from me. Keep it up.

--

British Medical Association (BMA)
View on helmets:

Several studies provided solid scientific evidence that bicycle helmets
protect against head, brain, severe brain and facial injuries,
as well as death, as a result of cycling accidents

and what makes you think it was aimed at you?

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle

Old October 20th 09, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:33:24 +0100, Keitht KeithT wrote:

snip

British Medical Association (BMA)
View on helmets:

Several studies provided solid scientific evidence that bicycle helmets
protect against head, brain, severe brain and facial injuries,
as well as death, as a result of cycling accidents

and what makes you think it was aimed at you?

Now then Thick

I had actually forgotten your inability with words:

"Hi Judith" - was the clue.

Moderated group Bill UK 6 October 6th 09 05:49 PM
Moderated group voting procedure Mr Benn[_2_] UK 421 August 11th 09 07:02 AM
Availability of new moderated group on News servers Hbunnet UK 2 June 10th 09 06:10 PM
Is there a moderated recumbent group? Freewheeling Recumbent Biking 20 October 31st 06 08:45 PM
Is there a moderated recumbent group somewhere? Laurel Thomason Recumbent Biking 19 November 10th 04 04:48 AM