Colorado Singletrack

Old October 3rd 03, 08:29 AM
Per Löwdin

Default Colorado Singletrack

I just mounted a few pix from Colorado

http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html

Per

Old October 3rd 03, 12:43 PM
Zilla

Wow!!! Mary's Loop, Fruita looked intimidating.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old October 3rd 03, 02:54 PM
Craig Brossman

Per Löwdin wrote:
I just mounted a few pix from Colorado

http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html

Per

Great collection of shots! Always more interesting for me because I've
ridden many of those trails.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Old October 3rd 03, 04:51 PM
MattB

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message
I just mounted a few pix from Colorado

http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html

Looks nice. I'll have to check that place out sometime.

Matt

Old October 3rd 03, 06:18 PM
JD

"Zilla" wrote in message . ..
Wow!!! Mary's Loop, Fruita looked intimidating.

It's easy compared to many trails here.

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message
I just mounted a few pix from Colorado

http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html

Per

That one pic in Durango looks like Animas Mountain.

JD
Old October 3rd 03, 06:27 PM
ireman_1

Per LöWdin wrote:
I just mounted a few pix from Colorado
http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.ht...in.nu/MTB/Col-
orado.html
Per

Nice pics! I am very "homesick" now (can I be homesick for CO when where
I am at is now home?). Looking at that brown silty water in the CO river
below Mary's was the kicker! I miss that part of the world. Good times!
Thanks for posting those pics, some very good times and friends are
swirling in my mind right now, thanks again.

K.

--
Don't give up, don't ever give up.

Old October 3rd 03, 06:47 PM
Craig Brossman

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message

I just mounted a few pix from Colorado

http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html

Per

That one pic in Durango looks like Animas Mountain.

JD

You are right, but you can tell its Raider's because you see FLC soccer
field not too far behind. Most of the rock edge views from Animas are
the S. end of the valley (and across to Missionary Ridge) or towards
Falls Creek.
Someone else commented on how difficult the pic of Mary's loop makes it
look, and I would agree. But I've had Moore Fun in the Loma area than
that

Old October 3rd 03, 07:43 PM
Per Löwdin

"Craig Brossman" skrev i meddelandet
news
JD wrote:

"Zilla" wrote in message

. ..

Wow!!! Mary's Loop, Fruita looked intimidating.

It's easy compared to many trails here.
That one pic in Durango looks like Animas Mountain.
JD

You are right, but you can tell its Raider's because you see FLC soccer
field not too far behind. Most of the rock edge views from Animas are
the S. end of the valley (and across to Missionary Ridge) or towards
Falls Creek.
Someone else commented on how difficult the pic of Mary's loop makes it
look, and I would agree. But I've had Moore Fun in the Loma area than
that

Yes, Mary´s loop is fairly easy, of course one takes pix to make them look
good, fact is more than half of the fun of Mary´s Loop is to enjoy the
landscape, it is sensationally beautiful to bike along the rim of the
Colorado River gorge. One bit that was truly intimidating to us is the
descent down to the Horsethief loop, most us included do it as kind of
climb-a-bike, have a look at http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm.
Though it should be said, there is at the most 10-15 m that is climb-a-bike.
The rest i just fun. There is one trail we never got around to doing called
More Fun or something that was said to be difficult. We never got around to
doing at as we found Fruita scorching hot in late August.

Per
http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB.html

Old October 3rd 03, 10:17 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 07:29:01 GMT, Per Löwdin penned:
I just mounted a few pix from Colorado

http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado.html

Per

Hey, that first one's not single track!

Mmmm *drool* .... you're inspiring me to cast my net a little wider than
the half-hour radius around my house ... even though all the stuff you
snapped would surely kick my butt.

--
monique
Please respond to the group OR to my email, but not both. (Group preferred.)
Old October 3rd 03, 10:45 PM
JD

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message ...
There is one trail we never got around to doing called
More Fun or something that was said to be difficult.

Difficulty is all relative. The Moore Fun is not all that difficult
to many.

We never got around to
doing at as we found Fruita scorching hot in late August.

I wonder why people constantly ignore that fact, here and in Moab.
You can fry eggs on sandstone either place in August.

JD