The Bikesmith, Seattle, shutting down

Old January 23rd 04, 06:19 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

Default The Bikesmith, Seattle, shutting down

On 21 Jan 2004 19:20:06 -0800, (Fabrizio
Mazzoleni) wrote:

Reading that far is the problem, he talks about recumbents and
choppers -whatever a chopper is?

It's a big-ass glove made of raw wool and worn by Minnesotans and
hosers, but that's not important right now.

Old January 23rd 04, 06:09 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:27:13 -0800, Bernie
wrote:

I believe in Minnesota "choppers" wear the gloves when they go out to
prepare fuel for the wood stoves?

The gloves are known colloquially as "choppers". From the looks of
the people I've seen wearing them, I would say that the percentage of
choppers worn while preparing firewood is approximately equal to the
percentage of USPS team jerseys worn by the cycling team.
Old January 23rd 04, 07:23 PM
Dane Jackson

In rec.bicycles.misc David Kerber wrote:

Don't forget $10/ft speaker wire.

Pfffftt! You are several/several orders of magnitudes off.

http://www.caliph.net.au/~panda/bocc...io/mercury.htm

And of course there are lovely items like this:

http://www.tricell-ent.com/Shakti.htm

I think if I knocked off 60 or 70 IQ points I might be persuaded it was
a good idea.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
Bombeck's Rule of Medicine:
Old January 23rd 04, 07:48 PM
David Kerber

In article ,
says...
In rec.bicycles.misc David Kerber wrote:

Don't forget $10/ft speaker wire.

Pfffftt! You are several/several orders of magnitudes off.

And at that, I thought I was exaggerating! Show how far behind the
times I am. Maybe we should look at using those cables for our
generator lights?

http://www.caliph.net.au/~panda/bocc...io/mercury.htm

And of course there are lovely items like this:

http://www.tricell-ent.com/Shakti.htm

I think if I knocked off 60 or 70 IQ points I might be persuaded it was
a good idea.

I would hope it would take more than that!

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Old January 23rd 04, 10:42 PM
Rick Onanian

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:48:40 -0500, David Kerber
wrote:
http://www.caliph.net.au/~panda/bocc...io/mercury.htm

And at that, I thought I was exaggerating! Show how far behind the
times I am. Maybe we should look at using those cables for our
generator lights?

How about mercury derailer and brake cables? We could probably do it
with existing hydraulic brake technology, just fill with mercury...

http://www.tricell-ent.com/Shakti.htm

....for the audiophile who's brain has been destroyed by a nail file.
--
Rick Onanian
Old January 23rd 04, 11:17 PM
dvt

Dane Jackson wrote:
Pfffftt! You are several/several orders of magnitudes off.

http://www.caliph.net.au/~panda/bocc...io/mercury.htm

And of course there are lovely items like this:

http://www.tricell-ent.com/Shakti.htm

I think if I knocked off 60 or 70 IQ points I might be persuaded it was
a good idea.

How about this:
http://www.shakti-innovations.com./hallograph.htm

A nice little thread about it on alt.sci.physics.acoustics:
http://tinyurl.com/2ndku

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Old January 24th 04, 02:34 AM
cheg

"dvt" wrote in message
Dane Jackson wrote:

How about this:
http://www.shakti-innovations.com./hallograph.htm

Hmm, ray straighteners? I wonder if they make you see better as well
:-)

Old January 25th 04, 03:14 PM
Claire Petersky

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
I'd rather grow my own veggies, and in fact, this
year, I'm gonna!

Warning, the growing of vegetables may interfere with full enjoyment of the
bicycling season.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky
My bookshelf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Cpetersky

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."