Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler moves house to avoid "mostly peaceful"rioters burning down his condo

Old September 3rd 20, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler moves house to avoid "mostly peaceful"rioters burning down his condo

I feel sorry for you guys, Jay. You were stupid enough to buy into the revolution of a bunch of cop killers and segregationists, and that's just the BLM and Antifa, and all the weedy men and fat girls. You thought it would win you the Presidency, and discovered too late that the Great Dealmaker was laying it on the Donkey Party. But I don't blame you personally. I think your leader, Pelosi, that other clown from NY, are worthless, and the rest of the Cali Mob are equally stupid. I''m not even saying that the Republican leaders are better people, just that they are slyer and more cautious and therefore make yours look tenth rate instead of merely seventh rate. Why don't you run for public office? (I know, I know, I've never run for election to anything, though I've been acclaimed for positions in professional bodies, or simply appointed when the committee got fed up with me freeloading on their leadership sacrifices. It's just that I'm far more effective as an eminence grise.) BTW, you don't really think Romney is a Republican, do you? You could beat him, easily. We'll see in November what the Donkey Party's foolish dance with the worst elements in American society has cost y'all.

Andre Jute
Neutral observer

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 2:41:28 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 5:33:21 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Where's Jay Beattie? Even his bumbuddy Ted Wheeler, mayor of "the whitest city in America", is now calling him a liar about those "mostly peaceful" rioters, looters, arsonists and murderers in Portland that Jay and Franki-boy (who else? -- if an immoral position appears on RBT, 99 times out of a 100 Krygowski is the guilty party) have been talking up for months now.

Here's a leftie rag reporting the event, even at this late date unable to give up its hero-worship of the rioting morons and criminals -- check out that "some people", which is the equivalent of Beattie's "mostly peaceful" rioters: "Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler says he’s looking for a new place to live after his Pearl District condo building has been the site of repeated demonstrations, including on Monday when crowds demanded he resign and some people set fires and broke windows."
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...or-change.html

Even a pinko-commie-fellow-traveller like Ted shouldn't be forced out of his home by a violent mob of "peaceful rioters." The Government should do something. Oh, I forget, Ted Wheeler *is* the government in Portland. Well, WTF, maybe he's just incompetent instead of actively vicious, as he has appeared for months now.

'“I want to express my sincere apologies for the damage to our home and the fear that you are experiencing due to my position,” Wheeler wrote to the other inhabitants in the condo block.'
-- Portland Mayor Is Moving to Avoid Rioters after Attack on His Building
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...-his-building/

I don't see any report of Wheeler feeling sorry for the fear and loathing the rest of Portland citizens have been experiencing for months on end while he encouraged the rioters, arsonists, looters and murderers.

Andre Jute
Not everyone has the money to move away from the violence in Portland, like Jay is doing. Once the layer of six and seven figure earners who carry most of the tax burden is gone, Portland will probably vote Republican, just like the rest of the country.

Wow, Andre, way to mix cutting and pasting with you usual uninformed pontificating about life in Portland. The Oregonian is right-leaning, by the way. The editor is an acquaintance (who I don't see much now due to COVID). Her sister was a summer associate at my firm and is now a judge. The editorial board is way more right than, let's say, Willamette Week. The Oregonian also is not a rag.

I've been consistently stating that the second-shift, after midnight crowd needs to be thrown in jail. We're talking dozens -- not hundreds -- of people responsible for the property damage. EVERYONE agrees that it needs to stop, but sending feds to do general policing was and is the wrong approach. PPB and OSP are the right approach. And, to reiterate, Portland is not in flames -- unless you consider a burning picnic table to be a city. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/polit...ent/index.html

But, you and the other dopes eat this stuff up -- served hot by the Alt Right. Trump and his minions will continue using PDX as a whipping boy until November since it gets his base energized and distracts from the fact that he is doing a ****ty job with COVID and everything else. He's gotta go with the "liberal Portland is in flames!" schtick. They're taking your suburbs! Negros will take your women folk!

BTW, Oregon has a history of progressive Republican politicians including Tom McCall (who appropriated all Oregon beaches for the public) and Wayne Morse, who was once a Republican, and Vic Atiyeh and Gordon Smith, Mark Hatfield and others. Trump is not a Republican. He is a populist. As between Trump and Romney, Portland would vote Romney -- or for any non-insane, middle of the road Republican.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old September 5th 20, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 2:45:34 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

The entire Pacific Coast has been taken over by communists and Jay spouts it as if it were his creed. And yet you see him moving out of the state to protect his own interests.
Old September 6th 20, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 11:52:02 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

I *love* limousine liberals. Their hypocrisies give me such a warm glow of superiority. Maybe I'll write a book about it, How to Be Superior to Roughly Half the Population, Only 39.95 for the Secret of Civic Pride and Perpetual Happiness (vote for the Donald). --- AJ
Old September 8th 20, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 8:49:56 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

We should note that almost all of the shooting an killing in Oregon and Washington has been done by WHITE freaks in the name of BLM. Even the extreme Marxist BLM leaders know better than to get involved with riot violence. It takes white boys with the IQ of a potato.
Old September 8th 20, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 9:40:53 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

After pace is restored and the burnt-out stores don't reopen, you'll hear black mothers complaining that they have to take the bus somewhere else to buy food for their children, ad that medical and other city services are way down because the people who paid all the taxes fled the violence to go live in the suburbs or even the countryside. They'll have comfortable white kids to thank for that, and their Donkey Party leaders for stoking and tolerating the violence, and the self-styled revolutionaries in the BLM, who haven't the faintest idea of how to improve the lives of black and, frankly, don't care because all they want is power. The blacks will be stuck with the consequences of white feel-good violence, and they'll be stuck with it forever.

Andre Jute
Whoever claimed that bargains with the Devil could be equitable was lying
Old September 9th 20, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 3:30:57 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Aside from how piercingly ugly the Woke group are one of the things that has dramatically stood out to me is that no one knows what music is anymore. While Rock was distinctly a lower order of music than the Big Band era, it was still pretty good music. Today I have seen what they call music which was hitting a tin can with a stick. Rap destroyed poetry and if anyone saw a musical instrument in one of these people's hands they would be quite sure they were simply stealing it to sell for a fix.