Carbon Fiber Seatpost and Rack ?

Old March 17th 04, 06:50 PM
Raoul Duke

Default Carbon Fiber Seatpost and Rack ?

I have a rack I would like to mount on my road bike which has a carbon fiber
seatpost. Any reason I shouldn't do this? Could it damage the seatpost in
any way? It's the type of rack which bolts onto the seatpost without any
other support.

TIA....Dave

Old March 17th 04, 08:17 PM
Cipher

Personally I wouldn't do it

-

Old March 17th 04, 09:28 PM

Old March 17th 04, 11:39 PM
Paul Southworth

In article ,
Raoul Duke wrote:
I have a rack I would like to mount on my road bike which has a carbon fiber
seatpost. Any reason I shouldn't do this? Could it damage the seatpost in
any way? It's the type of rack which bolts onto the seatpost without any
other support.

Bad idea, get an extra seatpost if you need to mount that rack.

Old March 18th 04, 11:14 AM
Raoul Duke

. stanford.edu wrote in
message ...

_ Get a low budget alloy seatpost to use with your rack, if
you're carrying a rack a few ounces won't matter.

Well, it's not really about weight. It's about comfort. The carbon fiber
seatpost is supposed to absorb more road vibration.

Whether it works or not, I couldn't positively say, but the bike is
comfortable to ride.

Dave

Old March 19th 04, 12:11 AM