Pic of bike leaning up on desk/chair/couch

Old April 17th 04, 06:56 PM
ZeeExSixAre

Default Pic of bike leaning up on desk/chair/couch

Here's my bike in its natural habitat... can you see the chairs and tables
quivering with fear? BWAHAHHAHAH!

http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/crap/xtc2.jpg

(I know it's crooked... I like it that way)

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old April 17th 04, 11:05 PM
Slash

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:56:11 -0400, "ZeeExSixAre"
scribbled:

Here's my bike in its natural habitat... can you see the chairs and tables
quivering with fear? BWAHAHHAHAH!

http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/crap/xtc2.jpg

(I know it's crooked... I like it that way)

How do you like the bike? I was thinking of building up a hardtail
this summer around an XTC frame or maybe a Salsa Bandito or somesuch.

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"
-The Onion
Old April 17th 04, 11:43 PM
ZeeExSixAre

How do you like the bike? I was thinking of building up a hardtail
this summer around an XTC frame or maybe a Salsa Bandito or somesuch.

The frame's weight is its greatest strength at 3.2 lbs. It's relatively
stiff, but there is a bit of frame flex. It's miles better than the Fuji
Thrill I had last year.

I worry about the frame's longevity, however, given the way I treat it. I
haven't had any failures of any sort, thus far, and I haven't read of any
XTC frame failures, either. The downtube diameter of the 2003 model is
larger than the 2004... I wonder if there were reports of easy dentings in
the super-thin down and top tubes.

However, Jeff Lenosky (sponsored by Giant) rides an XTC frame, but I bet he
can get a new one whenever he wants

For XC racing, it's great! I'd say it's probably one of the best-valued
bike XC bikes for the buck.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old April 18th 04, 12:40 AM
miles todd

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
I worry about the frame's longevity, however, given the way I treat it. I
haven't had any failures of any sort, thus far, and I haven't read of any
XTC frame failures, either. The downtube diameter of the 2003 model is
larger than the 2004... I wonder if there were reports of easy dentings in
the super-thin down and top tubes.

I haven't tried it with a 2004 XTC, but with a 2003 you can squeeze the
down tube with your hand and feel it flex inwards like a beer can. It
is pretty scary, actually.
On another note I know a local racer who bent the top tube of his NRS
sideways in a turn. He didn't crash, but when he was leaned over he hit
the left side of the top tube with his knee (foot still clipped in) and
caved in the tube. He still rode it for a while (a few weeks) after it
happened, too.

miles

Old April 18th 04, 01:47 AM
S o r n i

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
Here's my bike in its natural habitat... can you see the chairs and
tables quivering with fear? BWAHAHHAHAH!

http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/crap/xtc2.jpg

(I know it's crooked... I like it that way)

Dude, what's your inseam -- like, 24"?!?

Bill "you ride that XC?" S.

Old April 18th 04, 01:56 AM
Westie

miles todd wrote:
ZeeExSixAre wrote:
I worry about the frame's longevity, however, given the way I treat
it. I haven't had any failures of any sort, thus far, and I haven't
read of any XTC frame failures, either. The downtube diameter of
the 2003 model is larger than the 2004... I wonder if there were
reports of easy dentings in the super-thin down and top tubes.

I haven't tried it with a 2004 XTC, but with a 2003 you can squeeze
the down tube with your hand and feel it flex inwards like a beer
can. It is pretty scary, actually.
On another note I know a local racer who bent the top tube of his NRS
sideways in a turn. He didn't crash, but when he was leaned over he
hit the left side of the top tube with his knee (foot still clipped
in) and caved in the tube. He still rode it for a while (a few
weeks) after it happened, too.

miles

My NRS2 got a fair amount of rough stuff thrown at it and eventually bit the
bullet when the frame (mainly the downtube) was dented by a 4x4 reversing
over it. Never had a problem with dents in the tubes otherwise. From what
I've seen if you're going to dent the tubing you're doing something
exceptionally nasty to the bike and should be riding something else more
suited to that treatment.
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Old April 18th 04, 03:13 AM
ZeeExSixAre

"S o r n i" wrote in message
ZeeExSixAre wrote:
Here's my bike in its natural habitat... can you see the chairs and
tables quivering with fear? BWAHAHHAHAH!

http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/crap/xtc2.jpg

(I know it's crooked... I like it that way)

Dude, what's your inseam -- like, 24"?!?

lol - that's what the point of the post was... quivering chairs and tables =
trials. Trials = low seat height/no seat. For XC it's level with the
handlebars.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old April 19th 04, 04:38 PM
Per Elmsäter

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
Here's my bike in its natural habitat... can you see the chairs and
tables quivering with fear? BWAHAHHAHAH!

http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/crap/xtc2.jpg

(I know it's crooked... I like it that way)

Why is there so much furniture in the way and only one bike in there?

--
Perre

Old April 20th 04, 08:00 AM
ZeeExSixAre

Per Elmsäter wrote:
ZeeExSixAre wrote:
Here's my bike in its natural habitat... can you see the chairs and
tables quivering with fear? BWAHAHHAHAH!

http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/crap/xtc2.jpg

(I know it's crooked... I like it that way)

Why is there so much furniture in the way and only one bike in there?

It's actually a snack/study room in one of the university buildings. Not
really supposed to have bikes in there, but oh well.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training