OUTLAW OLYMPICS!

Old July 14th 04, 10:00 AM
Brett Jaffee

Default OUTLAW OLYMPICS!

"Joe Morgan" wrote in
nk.net:

Greece is spending many BILLIONS of dollars on the Olympics, and they
will be in debt for decades. Los Angeles is still paying for their
Olympics 20 years ago!

The 1984 Los Angeles Olympics produced a profit of $225M.
Old July 14th 04, 01:01 PM
Stephen Baker

Joe Morgan says:

snip rant

'Sammatta, Joe - didn't make the team this time around?

Steve
Old July 14th 04, 02:29 PM
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:00:11 GMT, Brett Jaffee
wrote:

.."Joe Morgan" wrote in
link.net:
..
.. Greece is spending many BILLIONS of dollars on the Olympics, and they
.. will be in debt for decades. Los Angeles is still paying for their
.. Olympics 20 years ago!
..
..The 1984 Los Angeles Olympics produced a profit of $225M.

And that makes it okay???
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 14th 04, 03:16 PM
Stephen Baker

MV says:

August 11, 1997
Juan Antonio Samaranch
President, International Olympic Committee

Don't see that it did much good there, Mikey - but then again nor has anything
else you've tried to do, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Steve
Old July 14th 04, 03:52 PM
Joe Morgan

"Stephen Baker" Don't see that it did much good there, Mikey - but then
again nor has anything else you've tried to do, so I suppose I shouldn't be
surprised.

you sound (or read) like a smug cocksucking faggot. Go shove a hamster up
your ass, bitch.

Old July 14th 04, 03:53 PM
MattB

Joe Morgan wrote:
snip

Hundreds of Millions of dollars are spent in the USA just housing
these illiterate scumbags. WHY??? What for?? Who cares about any of
the stupid records that they compete for??? Is it worth spending so
much money??

I'm actually good friends with one of these scumbags (Atlanta MTB bronze
medal winner) and she is in fact quite literate.
Since I know that sweeping generalization is false, why should I believe any
of the rest of your rant?

Matt

Old July 14th 04, 04:32 PM
bomba

Joe Morgan wrote:

Normally I wouldn't bother, but you seem like fun.

Greece is spending many BILLIONS of dollars on the Olympics, and they will
be in debt for decades.

Well, firstly it was Greece's decision to bid for the games. If they were
going to lose money hand over fist, they wouldn't have bothered. As it is,
the Olympic committee are predicting that the Athens games will still turn
in a profit.

Los Angeles is still paying for their Olympics 20
years ago!

As somebody else has already pointed out, the LA games turned in a profit.

Every four years some nation spends billions for what??

Profit, improvement of infrastructure, the opportunity to promote their
country both to possible foreign investors and tourists - the advantage of
which can not be measured.

The Olympics are hardly more than a charade. Most of the athletes either
were juicing at some point, or still are with advanced masking agents.

And you have proof of this, do you?

So what is the point?? Not just of hosting the Olympics, but of
supporting these arrogant athletes who never work and must be fed,
clothed, and housed year after year??

How are you suggesting that you support athletes? The Olympics are
amateur. I'm not sure how it works in your country, but the athletes that
I'm aware of make their money through sponsorship, appearance fees and
winnings. If you don't want to support them, don't go and watch and don't
buy sports clothing.

Hundreds of Millions of dollars are spent in the USA just housing these
illiterate scumbags. WHY??? What for?? Who cares about any of the stupid
records that they compete for??? Is it worth spending so much money??

ALL THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS could be spent on education of children,
instead of supporting jocks.

Even if the US does support its athletes through government spending
(which I'm disinclined to believe), does it really run in to hundreds of
millions, or is that just another figure you've plucked out your arse?
Anyway, the figures in comparison to other government expenditure. I don't
want to get too political, but have you any idea how much the US gives to
Israel in military aid?

I think that the OLYMPICS are a totally
wasteful by-product of the past. They are a dinosaur, and they need to
be scaled back to their original size. Synchronized Swimming?

Ever tried synchronised swimming? Give it a try and then tell me it
doesn't require athletic ability, co-ordination and skill.

Ballroom Dancing? etc.??

Ballroom dancing isn't an Olympic sport.

It is not only that 35% of the events are not even
SPORTS,

35% based on whose calculations?

but these folks participating are all getting a free ride on the
TAXPAYER! Your Tax Dollar is paying for all this. You are buying them
their vitamins, their protein shakes, their Creatine, and their steroids.

And what about the positive role that athletes perform? Anything that
encourages your obese kids to get off their arses and do some exercise
can't be a bad thing.

Old July 14th 04, 04:32 PM
Stephen Baker

Joe M says:

you sound (or read) like a smug cocksucking faggot. Go shove a hamster up
your ass, bitch.

Don't judge others by your own standards, Joey.
Old July 14th 04, 04:33 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Joe Morgan" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Stephen Baker" Don't see that it did much good there, Mikey - but then
again nor has anything else you've tried to do, so I suppose I shouldn't

be
surprised.

you sound (or read) like a smug cocksucking faggot. Go shove a hamster up
your ass, bitch.

Why, did it do anything for you?

Shaun aRe

Old July 14th 04, 04:39 PM
S o r n i

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:00:11 GMT, Brett Jaffee
wrote:

."Joe Morgan" wrote in
ink.net:
.
. Greece is spending many BILLIONS of dollars on the Olympics, and
they . will be in debt for decades. Los Angeles is still paying for
their . Olympics 20 years ago!
.
.The 1984 Los Angeles Olympics produced a profit of $225M.

And that makes it okay???

If this doesn't epitomize the Mad Do(r)c's reading comprehension and
debating skills, I don't know what would.

Bill "well done; bravo" S.