Anyone ride through the 1st Ave tunnel by the UN?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 10th 07, 10:30 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Default Anyone ride through the 1st Ave tunnel by the UN?

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

It's very interesting that you should say that again. I have joined a Yahoo
newsgroup where top posting is pretty much the way it is done. Everyone
seems to top post all the time. I don't think that they are all idiots but
you never can tell.

Any progress being made on your various infirmities from your trike
accident? Enough time has now passed so that you should be getting a fix
on what your prospects are.

Well since you asked,

I have decided not to have back surgery for pain. I've talked to many people
that have had it and nobody has had just one. I don't want to start down a
road of surgery after surgery. All the people I've talked to (about 4) say
the same thing. The surgery works for a while and then the pain returns.

But I thought that I had to do something so last month I had a gastric
bypass. I expect that over the next year or so I'll take off the 100 or so
extra pounds that I'm carrying (I'm down over 20 already). My pain doc says
that every pound
I take off is like taking 3 off my back.

It is unclear if I will be able to cycle again and enjoy it. There are some
physical problems on my right side that make cycling unpleasent after a
while. When I think about trying to cycle again I'm going to need to find a
pedal system that lets me press with my heel instead of my toe. That will
allow me to avoid the unpleasent stuff.

So the future is still a bit unclear. The weight loss could have a major
effect on a lot of things and I've only just begun that.

Wishing you the best as always,

Thank you sir for your good wishes and concern. As always, I too wish you
all the best.

Jeff