My New Airseat

Old August 3rd 05, 03:18 AM
leeman180

Default My New Airseat

This was my first airseat and I am extremely happy with the result. It
took me a good part of the day to get perfect. The Gemcrest Leather was
very expensive but worth it. It feels really durable and even smells
like a new car!

I'm wondering what PSI is good to run airseats at without risk of
punctures?

Specs:

Miyata/Torker LX Seat Base
GB4 Handle
Duct Tape
Bolts
Dog Bone Air Pillow
Gemcrest Leather Seat Cover
GB4 25.4 mm Universal seatpost
Valve extender
Torker LX Bumper

Total Cost: around $140

| Attachment filename: p1010151.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/344840|

leeman180 - i should be out riding
leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

Old August 3rd 05, 03:20 AM
leeman180

Finished

| Attachment filename: p1010156.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/344841|

Old August 3rd 05, 03:41 AM
Catboy

Don't worry about PSI, chances are, if it's comfortable, you don't have
to worry about punctures. Airseat flats are super-rare, don't worry
about it. Go for comfort.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

'UPD T-Shirts FOR SALE SOON!!! (Click Me)'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album661)

Old August 3rd 05, 03:42 AM
One on one

Looks really good. What are you going to use that on? I couldn't tell
from your picture, but did you use the GB4 stiffener plate.
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=607 The GB4 handle puts
a lot of stress on the saddle, so the GB4 stiffener plate is
recommended.

--
One on one - Proud member of the UALW and GUA

"However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
he/she could black out."
-Memphis Mud

I went further than I had planned and had a testicle break at about 25
ks
-onebyone

One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740

Old August 3rd 05, 03:48 AM
bugman

One on one wrote:
*Looks really good. What are you going to use that on? I couldn't tell
from your picture, but did you use the GB4 stiffener plate?
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=607 The GB4 handle
puts a lot of stress on the saddle, so the GB4 stiffener plate is
recommended. It replaces the thin stiffener plate that comes with the
saddle. *

If you look real close, you can see the stiffner plate hidden by the
duct tape.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW

Old August 3rd 05, 04:20 AM
One on one

bugman wrote:
*If you look real close, you can see the stiffner plate hidden by the
duct tape. *

The bolt pattern looks different from the GB4 plate. It could be the
original one that comes with the seat. But, then again...

Old August 3rd 05, 06:43 AM
john_childs

leeman180 wrote:
*Total Cost: around $140 *

They can get spendy. I figure that the air seats I have on my Coker and
two munis cost me over $300 each in parts and miscellaneous stuff.
Figure the cost of a Miyata seat to cannibalize, CF base, rails adapter,
seatpost, seat cover, misc hardware, fabric and sewing for the air
pillow, and all the other stuff and the cost adds up. Some of the extra
expense is because I was (and still am) experimenting with different
things in the seat so the cost keeps going up as I try new things. They
can turn into a money pit if you're not careful.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) 'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)

Old August 4th 05, 01:39 AM
leeman180

One on one wrote:
*The bolt pattern looks different from the GB4 plate. It could be the
original one that comes with the seat. But, then again... *

Yeah I forgot to mention there's a GB4 Stiffener Plate there too. It's
an authentic one I'm sure, not the Miyata one. It cost $10 from
unicycle.com.

Thanks, Duane, for convincing me to buy the Leather Gemcrest over the
Vinyl Gemcrest. I am very glad I did spend the extra dough.

Lee

Old August 4th 05, 01:56 AM
KcTheAcy

Sweet Seat Lee, How is that frame coming?
-Kaycee, In Page Arizona.

--
KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

¤-Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

KH airseat? Erin Unicycling 2 March 1st 05 03:31 PM
Airseat or Foam? Problems with flat seats... gerblefranklin Unicycling 19 September 13th 04 07:40 AM
A good airseat? siafirede Unicycling 6 June 3rd 04 07:02 AM
homemade airseat sockmonster Unicycling 3 April 25th 04 04:42 AM
My torker airseat ajp529 Unicycling 2 January 18th 04 10:35 PM