british people read this and reply!!!

Old August 4th 05, 09:14 PM
s7ev0

Default british people read this and reply!!!

Mikefule wrote:
*To "pop": verb, intransitive, often followed by "over"or "into". To
make a short quick journey that presents no difficulties. Verb,
transitive, to place something quickly and easily, usually into
something. *

Absolutely. But I think (could be wrong of course) that jagur meant,
"pop off" (jocularly - but you can never tell with jagur...) in the
invective form as a command.

Brits don't tell someone to "get lost" by saying "pop off" to them. We
might say as a suggestion, "Why don't you just pop off to the shops for
some biscuits?", or " I'm just popping off to the shops for some tea",
but not, "Oh, just pop off will you!"

Well, Dick Van Dyke might....

And now I'm on the subject - American actors who have "done" a good
English accent? Gweneth Paltrow in that Shakespeare film, and I loved
Johnny Depp as Keith Richards' long lost son in "Pirates of the
Carribean".

--
s7ev0 - Here comes the summer!

Friends see me on my unicycle and mention "mid-life crisis". I had
never really appreciated how close the terms "crisis" and "fun" are.
s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310

Old August 4th 05, 09:21 PM
s7ev0

MattPH wrote: