Twisting my 360/Coker cranks

Old May 2nd 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Twisting my 360/Coker cranks

Hey all, has anyone twisted their Coker/360 cranks riding down stairs? I
have bent 2 in 3 days, both times on the left side one set was my 140
alum. cranks so then I put on my stock steel 150s and tonight going
down 2 sets of 3 steps each I twisted the left crank arm again.
What crank arms are people using that are not having any problems (for
those who ride down steps etc on their 360/Cokers)

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

Old May 2nd 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I twisted both of my stock 150 aluminum cranks on my coker, but I've
also done 2-3 foot drops and big sets of stairs. I'm around 150-160# or
so. I would think if there only sets of 3 stairs it should not be
bending, maybe it's your technique or something. Mine weren't bent so
bad I couldn't ride them(though others noticed immediatly) so I just
rode with them bent untill one got loose and I replaced it with a steel
one, which hasn't bent yet, but I don't do stuff quite like I did when
I first got it.

--
theanswerisnt42
theanswerisnt42's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11542

Old May 2nd 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've had to replace quite a few sets of cranks on my Coker. I've bent
both the steel and the aluminum cranks several times... but never from
riding down stairs - always from drop-offs. Even the largest set of
stairs I rode down (and jammed my ankle at the bottom transition to
flat pavement) didn't bend my cranks.

Although rider weight can make a pretty big difference, even at my
heaviest I don't think I ever bent cranks from riding down stairs.

Anyway, the cranks that have been holding up the best for me are the
'Odyssey Black Widow Euro cranks'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=171) on Uni.com for
$89.00.

--
HardcoreCokerRider

"You guys on your uni's are like the ******* step child that's locked
away in the basement and comes out and kicks everyone's ass"

- Ray
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Old May 2nd 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

you go down stairs on a coker :0

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.

Help yourself to anything in the fridge.

And please don't feed the clowns.

dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403