Correct doping penalty

Old July 27th 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
mrsixtypercent

Default Correct doping penalty

Chicken stripped of this yellow jersey. Vino stripped of his stage
wins. This is not the best way to combat doping. I say strip these
riders of their saddles and make them ride to Paris - guaranteed to
solve doping in the Tour.

Old July 28th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article .com,
mrsixtypercent wrote:

Chicken stripped of this yellow jersey. Vino stripped of his stage
wins. This is not the best way to combat doping. I say strip these
riders of their saddles and make them ride to Paris - guaranteed to
solve doping in the Tour.

Stupid EU work rules won't permit. This means Dick Pound's first idea
for a penalty (drag them behind the commissaire's car) also had to be
scrapped.

Speaking of which, Dick has now managed to complain about sports that
don't catch dopers (hockey) and sports that do catch dopers (cycling
this year). WTF? Is there a Laffer Curve for the right number of dopers
you should catch in order to prove the sport is clean??

BTW, I hear the UCI may take over management of skateboarding for
Olympic purposes. Any chance we could get the skateboarders to take over
cycling, instead?

Old July 28th 07, 08:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
BTW, I hear the UCI may take over management of skateboarding for
Olympic purposes. Any chance we could get the skateboarders to take over
cycling, instead?

I vote we get FIFA (or perhaps the NFL) to take over cycling.

Old July 30th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A R:nen

Ryan Cousineau writes:

BTW, I hear the UCI may take over management of skateboarding for
Olympic purposes. Any chance we could get the skateboarders to take over
cycling, instead?

That's got to be the idea with the fixed-gear phenomenon.