Unibet ain't a sure thing

Old March 12th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Unibet ain't a sure thing

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:
Can anyone suggest why Unibet is having such a problem and Lotto isn't?
Wasn't there another betting agency that sponsored a B team as well? They
were racing all over France if memory serves and they were available over
the internet at that time.

No, Lotto was never available over the Internet to France. Unibet,
however, can be accessed in France over the Internet.

That's why Unibet's exclusion is both unique and justified under French
law.

How long does it take to drive from Paris to Belgium?

Old March 12th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"ilan" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 10, 11:58 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Can anyone suggest why Unibet is having such a problem and Lotto isn't?
Wasn't there another betting agency that sponsored a B team as well? They
were racing all over France if memory serves and they were available over
the internet at that time.

I was at the prologue of Paris-Nice today. I noted that Agritubel had
a huge bus, though
I seem to recall that they had one of the smaller camper type buses in
years past. With
only this as evidence, I conjecture that Agritubel radically increased
its sponsorship this year
by getting assurance of participation from ASO to all their events.
This means that there wasn't
room for another team, and they chose Unibet.

Can we say "payoffs"? Or maybe "sponsorships" is more Euro-sensitive?

Old March 12th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan

On Mar 12, 2:07 am, "
wrote:
On Mar 11, 8:37 pm, "ilan" wrote:

On Mar 10, 11:58 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Can anyone suggest why Unibet is having such a problem and Lotto isn't?
Wasn't there another betting agency that sponsored a B team as well? They
were racing all over France if memory serves and they were available over
the internet at that time.

I was at the prologue of Paris-Nice today. I noted that Agritubel had
a huge bus, though
I seem to recall that they had one of the smaller camper type buses in
years past. With
only this as evidence, I conjecture that Agritubel radically increased
its sponsorship this year
by getting assurance of participation from ASO to all their events.
This means that there wasn't
room for another team, and they chose Unibet.

dumbass,

the heart of the matter is that the UCI sold a bunch of teams protour
licenses with the guarantee that this would be the ticket into all the
big races and handed that list to the ASO.

of course the ASO is going to be indignant, and the law they are
citing is merely a pretense for excluding Unibet. what they are saying
without having the balls to say it is "only we're going to choose who
rides in our races".

what unibet should've done is gone around to the organizers and gotten
guarantees (what astana did and what tinkoff did for the giro) instead
of falling for the UCI con job.

There are some pictures of me in front of the Agritubel bus, where are
painted images of cows using their products. I will post them later.

-ilan

Old March 12th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

wrote:

On Mar 11, 9:16 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

No, Lotto was never available over the Internet to France. Unibet,
however, can be accessed in France over the Internet.

That's why Unibet's exclusion is both unique and justified under French law.

Thanks,

Magilla

Hey dumbape;

http://www.lotto.be/pages/show.aspx?...cache=33919f2a

Also in French, Flemish, and German.

Are you sure you can actually bet thru the Lotto website in France
(versus just viewing the results?). There also might be a distinction
between a lottery and betting/gambling.

Lotteries might not be covered under that ban, whereas betting and
gambling activities are.

But here's the real question for you: Do you think Predictor-Lotto (or
ONCE) is getting some kind of free ride by the French prosecutor and the
ASO, and that the lawyers of Unibet just "forgot" to bring up the
argument that all you ass clowns in here think you've discovered with
Predictor-Lotto, but they didn't?

Try to think before you post next time. Obviously, Predictor-Lotto is
not a problem for SOME reason. You should deduce that simply from the
fact that the ASO and the French prosecutor are only going after Unibet.

So stop acting like a jackass.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old March 12th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Nev Shea

"ilan" wrote in
ups.com:

I was at the prologue of Paris-Nice today. I noted that Agritubel had
a huge bus, though
I seem to recall that they had one of the smaller camper type buses in
years past. With
only this as evidence, I conjecture that Agritubel radically increased
its sponsorship this year
by getting assurance of participation from ASO to all their events.
This means that there wasn't
room for another team, and they chose Unibet.

I have another theory -- it is the same bus as last year after a regimen of
steriods during the off-season

NS
asst to Dr Mabuse
Old March 13th 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Nev Shea wrote:
I have another theory -- it is the same bus as last year after a regimen of
steriods during the off-season

Bio-Diesel ?

Unibet photo :-)) Dan Gregory UK 14 February 20th 07 08:28 PM
A funny thing happened at the velodrome, or ... why helmets are a good thing! Bleve Australia 43 January 11th 07 10:09 AM
Unibet Helmets [email protected] Racing 2 February 14th 06 01:46 AM