EPO use can cause.....DEATH!!!!

Old March 12th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Default EPO use can cause.....DEATH!!!!

wrote:

On Mar 11, 12:18�pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

wrote:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...c.tP3A6AI&refe...

Amgen's, J&J's Anemia Drugs Get Stronger U.S. Warning (Update4)

SNIP

If the risk for death were so serious, surely we would have seen some
pro cyclist die from it. �We haven't.

Thanks,

Magilla

Magilla

Not sure if you are fishing, but many have died...... starting with
1989 amateur world chump.

Yeah, you got the coroner's full report and toxicology results on that
right? Or are you just repeating rumors you heard and claiming they are
the same as an actual toxicology report? (Hint: no coronor tests for EPO).

For all I know they could have died from a myriad of other substances.
You want it to be EPO so you say it is EPO. That doesn't make it so.

If you want to invent your own cause of death, then go right ahead. But
don't come in here and try to sell me on the bull**** you know it's due
to EPO when the fact is you don't.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old March 12th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 00:45:25 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:

If the risk for death were so serious, surely we would have seen some
pro cyclist die from it. We haven't.

Thanks,

Magilla

---------
In Sweden, I think 4 or 5 died in their sleep from EPO. Their blood was
as thick as ketchup, and the heart just couldn't pump it. Horrible deaths,
in the early years of EPO.

There were not 4 or 5 Swedish cyclists dying in their sleep from that.
There were a number of deaths like that among racing cyclists in the
Netherlands.

--
JT
****************************
Old March 12th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"MagillaGorilla" wrote...

Yeah, you got the coroner's full report and toxicology results on that
right? Or are you just repeating rumors you heard and claiming they are
the same as an actual toxicology report? (Hint: no coronor tests for EPO).

For all I know they could have died from a myriad of other substances. You
want it to be EPO so you say it is EPO. That doesn't make it so.

If you want to invent your own cause of death, then go right ahead. But
don't come in here and try to sell me on the bull**** you know it's due to
EPO when the fact is you don't.

And O.J. is innocent.

Although there is no evidence directly linking the recent spate of
fatalities to banned drug use, a similar cluster of deaths - mainly in the
Low Countries - in the late 1980s and early 1990s is now held to have marked
the arrival in cycling of the banned blood booster erythropoietin (EPO).
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cycling/...149111,00.html

Additional dangers of EPO include sudden death during sleep, which has
killed approximately 18 pro cyclists in the past fifteen years, and the
development of antibodies directed against EPO. In this later circumstance
the individual develops anemia as a result of the body's reaction against
repeated EPO injections.
http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/epo.html

Old March 12th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
MagillaGorilla wrote:

wrote:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...6AI&refer=home

Amgen's, J&J's Anemia Drugs Get Stronger U.S. Warning (Update4)

SNIP

If the risk for death were so serious, surely we would have seen some
pro cyclist die from it. We haven't.

When I read this, I spit-take so hard that milk came out of my nose.

And I wasn't drinking milk!

Old March 12th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
.com,

wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...c.tP3A6AI&refe...

Amgen's, J&J's Anemia Drugs Get Stronger U.S. Warning (Update4)

SNIP

If the risk for death were so serious, surely we would have seen some
pro cyclist die from it. ?We haven't.

Thanks,

Magilla

Magilla

Not sure if you are fishing, but many have died...... starting with
1989 amateur world chump.

Yes, and you struck the line, candyass.
Old March 12th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Jim Flom wrote:
"MagillaGorilla" wrote...

[...]

Yeah, and all those boats that "disappear" off the coast of Florida are
due to the Bermuda Triangle. After all, what else could it be?

How do you know they didn't die of amphetamines or cocaine or mismatched
blood transfusions or Pot belge or insulin overdose or any number of
other things? Why would you just pick EPO out of the blue like that?

It's bizarre.

Additional dangers of EPO include sudden death during sleep, which has
killed approximately 18 pro cyclists in the past fifteen years, and the
development of antibodies directed against EPO. In this later circumstance
the individual develops anemia as a result of the body's reaction against
repeated EPO injections.
http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/epo.html

A declaration without proof, names, or coroner's reports. It's all
guessing, just like you and everyone else does.

Just because you cite a link doesn't mean the content in it has been proven.

I like all the references and official documentation to support this
contention in the article (none). Do you think just because the link
has "edu" in it I'm suppose to roll over and capitulate to its content?

OJ had DNA evidence. What does your EPO contention have besides
guessing? You don't kknow any of their blood values or whether they
were anemic or not (tell me their blood's hemoglobin levels and how you
know that figure to be true).

All your evidence is self-fulfilling rhetoric.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old March 12th 07, 07:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

MagillaGorilla wrote:

For all I know they could have died from a myriad of other substances.
You want it to be EPO so you say it is EPO. That doesn't make it so.

You're so predictable.

Boring.
Old March 12th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:26:12 -0500, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

In Sweden, I think 4 or 5 died in their sleep from EPO. Their blood was
as thick as ketchup, and the heart just couldn't pump it. Horrible deaths,
in the early years of EPO.

There were not 4 or 5 Swedish cyclists dying in their sleep from that.
There were a number of deaths like that among racing cyclists in the
Netherlands.

In any event, dying in your sleep isn't a 'horrible death', just
premature. I always had burning to death at the top of my 'horrible
death' list, but anything that doesn't even wake me up can't be all
that bad.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 12th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Kyle Legate wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

For all I know they could have died from a myriad of other substances.
You want it to be EPO so you say it is EPO. That doesn't make it so.

You're so predictable.

Boring.

Yeah, your posts are really exciting. I mean just look at it.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old March 12th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bleet Norf

I heard MTV's Kennedy asked him that very question. Right towards the
end of her career.

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Callistus Valerius wrote:

If the risk for death were so serious, surely we would have seen some
pro cyclist die from it. We haven't.

Thanks,

Magilla

---------
In Sweden, I think 4 or 5 died in their sleep from EPO. Their
blood was
as thick as ketchup, and the heart just couldn't pump it. Horrible
deaths,
in the early years of EPO.

I also heard Rod Stewart swallowed a pint of sperm and had to go to the
hospital to get it pumped out of his stomach.

Thanks,

Magilla

Death following the ATB Rory Williams Australia 5 October 23rd 06 11:23 PM
ANyone fail cast tender eye, death be to you, death come quickly whoreBanger Australia 0 June 3rd 06 11:47 AM
Death of a freewheel David E. Belcher UK 7 March 24th 06 02:43 PM
another death steve Racing 3 December 3rd 05 10:35 AM
A12 death :( There is something you can do Peter Fox UK 39 July 22nd 03 04:47 PM