Bent 'bent pictures

Old July 25th 03, 06:18 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Bent 'bent pictures

Anyone who's interested, the broken frame may now be seen at chapman
central:

http://www.chapmancentral.com/Web/pu...ents/bent_bent

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Old July 25th 03, 06:25 PM
Disgruntled Goat

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:18:03 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Anyone who's interested, the broken frame may now be seen at chapman
central:

http://www.chapmancentral.com/Web/pu...ents/bent_bent

Nasty. Have you heard from Optima about a possible cause yet? With the
fully-extended boom on mine and an even longer one on order, I'm a
little paranoid.
--
DG

Bah!
Old July 25th 03, 06:39 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Disgruntled Goat" wrote in message

Have you heard from Optima about a possible cause yet?

No, but I think they are even more paranoid than you judging from the email
I had from them.

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Old July 25th 03, 07:01 PM
Disgruntled Goat

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:39:25 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

"Disgruntled Goat" wrote in message
.. .

Have you heard from Optima about a possible cause yet?

No, but I think they are even more paranoid than you judging from the email
I had from them.

Really? What'd they say? Or is it more in the way they said it?
--
DG

Bah!
Old July 25th 03, 07:16 PM
Garry Broad

wrote:

Anyone who's interested, the broken frame may now be seen at chapman
central:

http://www.chapmancentral.com/Web/pu...ents/bent_bent

humm....interesting, not the most reassuring experience I imagine.

One hears about tig/mig/stick welding weakening the metal near the
'outskirts' of the weld. It's very noticeable that the boom has broken
right across the line of the top weld. I wonder if this is where it
all began - bearing in mind there must be a considerable downward
force? Then it became a gradual process of the stress from continual
pedalling that would rip through the metal? Still, who knows.

Hope the replacement is top notch.

gb
Old July 25th 03, 08:38 PM
Kit Wolf

wrote:

Anyone who's interested, the broken frame may now be seen at chapman
central:

http://www.chapmancentral.com/Web/pu...ents/bent_bent

humm....interesting, not the most reassuring experience I imagine.

Spectacular - I hope they get the new frame to you quickly...

What's the nature of the improvement, do you know?

Kit
Old July 26th 03, 10:41 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:01:46 +0100, Disgruntled Goat
wrote:

Have you heard from Optima about a possible cause yet?

No, but I think they are even more paranoid than you judging from the email
I had from them.

Really? What'd they say? Or is it more in the way they said it?

Selective quotes below:

"Needless to say that we are very alarmed about it [...] This
incidence has alarmed us no end, as there could be a problem with
faulty materials which are supplied to us. Meanwhile we have taken
steps to get your frame replaced as soon as possible and to receive
your frame back for inspection and thourough testing."

"If you have a need to talk about the incident please contact us
direct and speak if you wish to one of the owners of Optima direct (mr
Michael van der Meijden) [...] We will do our utmost to correct this
unfortunate incident"

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]
Old July 26th 03, 10:42 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:38:14 +0100, "Kit Wolf"
wrote:

What's the nature of the improvement, do you know?

A web inserted through the tube. Or at least it is on the Baron, I
thin the Stinger has also been modded, but Darth Ian doesn't know for
sure.

Guy
===
Old July 27th 03, 04:30 PM
Disgruntled Goat

wrote:

Have you heard from Optima about a possible cause yet?
No, but I think they are even more paranoid than you judging from the email
I had from them.

Really? What'd they say? Or is it more in the way they said it?

Selective quotes below:

"Needless to say that we are very alarmed about it [...] This
incidence has alarmed us no end, as there could be a problem with
faulty materials which are supplied to us. Meanwhile we have taken
steps to get your frame replaced as soon as possible and to receive
your frame back for inspection and thourough testing."

Sounds like they're taking it very seriously indeed. Good.

"If you have a need to talk about the incident please contact us
direct and speak if you wish to one of the owners of Optima direct (mr
Michael van der Meijden) [...] We will do our utmost to correct this
unfortunate incident"

Thanks for posting this. I'll have a word with Darth Ian next time I'm
up that way, but I don't think I've got too much cause to worry at the
moment. Hopefully. :-)

When's the new frameset arrive?

--
DG

Bah!
Old July 27th 03, 06:48 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:30:26 +0100, Disgruntled Goat
wrote:

When's the new frameset arrive?

Left Holland on Thursday apparently - Ian says they saved him some
time and aggro by building much it up before shipping.

As far as I'm concerned no company making short-run manufactured goods
can ever be completely free of defects (witness the recent problems
and recall with M5 carbon lowracers); a good customer service midset
is the thing which marks out a good company. Optima have been very
responsive on this. Still waiting for a delivery date for tailboxes,
mind ;-)

Guy
===