the acomplishment of failure

Old July 26th 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled[_2_]

Default the acomplishment of failure

I had a plan: a one hundred mile loop to the north. The advantage of going
north is that the return leg is generally downhill. The tricky part is that
I don't have any way to measure on the road so I don't have an exact measure
until I get home and map it out. But I figured my route From Guelph to
Elora, Alma, Teviotdale, Mount Forest, Conn, Arthur, Fergus and home would
be enough.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3029458

So I map it out when I get home on Wednesday: 98.6 miles.

*sigh*

Funny thing the next day. While my quads were literally weak from the effort
my brain was still thinking in bike mode. I doubt I could have made it 20 km
but my head was still thinking as if I should be riding.

Wisely I did not. Other than a trip to the library and a large lunch my
only item achieved that day was an afternoon nap.

Old July 27th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Jul 26, 1:06*pm, "recycled" wrote:
[...]

Were you upset that, since you only road 98.6 miles, you didn't a full
century?

If so, look on the bright side: You did 158 KMs!

If you were in Europe, you could say that you did MORE than a century.
Actually, you did a century and a half.

Did you bike to the library after all this cycling?

Regards,
Cullen

Old July 27th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled[_2_]

"Cully J" wrote in message
[...]

Ya. It was my goal. Not so much upset as a little dissapointed. If I'd only
circle arond Mt Forest a little more, taken 6 up past 89 and came in from
the north, so close.

If so, look on the bright side: You did 158 KMs!

Oh sure. There is no real difference between 98.6 and 100 in terms of
physical accomplishment but I was aiming for that number.

Did you bike to the library after all this cycling?

No. The library is very close, a 5 minute walk if that. I stopped at a
restaurant and had a steak with two beers. I figure I earned it. Though once
I got back I climbed a flight of stair and my quads felt weak. I can only
imagine what the TdF guys feel doing that sort distance and more day after
day.

I'd say a good ride for me where I don't get sore is ~80km Usually 120 km+
is where I start feeling it. Even the day after the day after I still felt
it a little.

Rim Failure [email protected] Techniques 142 January 29th 06 01:17 PM
MA3 rim failure maxo Techniques 104 November 19th 05 02:58 AM
New acomplishment Hermit Unicycling 4 September 18th 05 06:02 PM
Rim failure John Tomlinson UK 24 December 27th 04 06:38 PM
MA3 rim failure, where to now PK UK 2 October 10th 03 08:46 PM