bike computer contacts

Old July 27th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
mac

Default bike computer contacts

I've got an old bike computer with a wired connection to the wheel
sensor. When I hit rough pavement it often loses the connection and
stops registering motion.
A little spit on the mount seems to fix this temporarily. There must be
a better solution. A good electrical contact cleaner or paste?

-- drooling on my bike
Old July 27th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jim Artherholt

mac wrote:
I've got an old bike computer with a wired connection to the wheel
sensor. When I hit rough pavement it often loses the connection and
stops registering motion.
A little spit on the mount seems to fix this temporarily. There must be
a better solution. A good electrical contact cleaner or paste?

-- drooling on my bike

I occasionally have to clean the contacts on my Avocet and find that a
pencil eraser works well. It is mildly abrasive and does no apparent
damage to the contacts.

Jim
Old July 27th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
raamman

On Jul 27, 8:10*am, mac wrote:
I've got an old bike computer with a wired connection to the wheel
sensor. When I hit rough pavement it often loses the connection and
stops registering motion.
A little spit on the mount seems to fix this temporarily. There must be
a better solution. A good electrical contact cleaner or paste?

-- drooling on my bike

a little dab of vaseline on the contacts works great; it's
electrically conductive and waterproof- you'll have a solid contact on
the wettest rides
Old July 27th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

"raamman" wrote: a little dab of vaseline on the contacts works great; it's
electrically conductive and waterproof- you'll have a solid contact on
the wettest rides
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't think Vaseline is conductive, but there are conductive pastes that
are specifically intended for this type of problem.

Old July 27th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
G[_2_]

On Jul 27, 12:40*pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"raamman" wrote: a little dab of vaseline on the contacts works great; it's

electrically conductive and waterproof- you'll have a solidcontacton
the wettest rides
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't think Vaseline is conductive, but there are conductive pastes that
are specifically intended for this type of problem.

Lubrication makes a better connection just because its a lube. Contact
"glide" into the metal. It also protect metal. It also waterproofs.
Try some CRC 2-26 next time.
I think auto maker use silicone grease, because petroleum will cause
damage to rubber.
Old July 29th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fred

"mac" wrote in message
I've got an old bike computer with a wired connection to the wheel
sensor. When I hit rough pavement it often loses the connection and
stops registering motion.
A little spit on the mount seems to fix this temporarily. There must be
a better solution. A good electrical contact cleaner or paste?

-- drooling on my bike

Clean with one of those cotton bud things, or whatever they are called,
doused with methylated spirits.

Disposable Color Contacts - Are They Any Good? [email protected] UK 0 May 18th 08 06:56 AM
Costume Contacts - Make Your Eyes A Real WOW [email protected] Techniques 0 January 31st 08 04:23 PM
continental travel contacts Simon Grant UK 2 December 24th 07 07:47 PM
Glasses or Contacts? NewRoadie Racing 29 October 9th 04 05:19 AM
Speed Ross Contacts P Huber Recumbent Biking 5 April 3rd 04 02:43 AM