Bus driver pushing around bicycles

Old August 21st 11, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Bus driver pushing around bicycles

On Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:20:01 PM UTC-4, rst0 wrote:
On Aug 20, 7:51 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
wrote:
I'd like the following epitaph on my Banana Mausoleum:

Here lies His Highness the Wise TibetanMonkey, Free Spirit of the Jungle, King of the Apes I, Comandante Banana. We will never forget him nor his name. He was the real thing.

The real banana?

No, the real Comandante.

It's not like other comandantes who sell you a solution worse than the problem. We are talking about real solutions.
Old August 21st 11, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

http://makemytaste.com/index.php/ker...mage/all/0/108

The caption on the photo says:

"a man making a good living with peanuts. he may not be aware of what a recession is"

But Epicurus said,

“If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires.”

So that caption is wrong and living on peanuts makes sense in times of financial crisis. People should cut down on meat not peanuts.

http://www.zazzle.com/epicurus_tshir...10713418529617
Old August 22nd 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

On Monday, August 22, 2011 6:07:38 AM UTC-4, Dennes De Mennes wrote:
In article 50f76772-4339-443d-a4a5-
,
says...

?If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away

from his desires.?

you can diminish desires but the mechanism remains the same, so you've
just lowered the magnitude of the overall effect... new desires will
keep popping up, then what... change the mechanism of dealing with any
desire and then the desire will come but it won't have the same effect
as before. it's like that giving a man fish vs teaching him to fish...

Not sure what you mean. I'm not participant of Gandhi's extreme frugality. I do admire him and borrow from his wisdom, but otherwise his model is impractical. Walking with a cane is extreme suffering in hot weather.

I wonder why he overlooked the bicycle as a vehicle of liberation. A man with a bicycle and bread is free from many temptations, particularly the car. Now India is joining the club of consumption and these are extremely important issues.

A Wise Man rides a bike.