700c tires duration?

Old May 21st 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Default 700c tires duration?

wrote:
On May 19, 10:15 am, catzz66 wrote:
Ablang wrote:
If I use these tires purely on asphalt & concrete, how many miles can
I expect these tires to last?
What do you guys get on your tires (of any size)?

I think most people just go till they start getting flats with more
frequency than "normal," whatever that happens to be. Tires are pretty
cheap, even if you don't buy the lowest priced ones. There's nothing at
all wrong with being frugal, but you don't have to ride your tires till
the threads show through.

I usually go for the "more flats than usual" as well; except one time,
when I was looking for where the offending whatever was, I noticed I
was down to threads there. And a couple other places. I thought it
was pretty cool that I managed to wear a tire out, just like Jobst and
Grant would...

Pat

Yeah. Maybe it was time to get a new tire. =]
Old May 21st 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Patrick Lamb

Ablang wrote:
If I use these tires purely on asphalt & concrete, how many miles can
I expect these tires to last?
What do you guys get on your tires (of any size)?
I think most people just go till they start getting flats with more
frequency than "normal," whatever that happens to be. Tires are pretty
cheap, even if you don't buy the lowest priced ones. There's nothing at
all wrong with being frugal, but you don't have to ride your tires till
the threads show through.

I usually go for the "more flats than usual" as well; except one time,
when I was looking for where the offending whatever was, I noticed I
was down to threads there. And a couple other places. I thought it
was pretty cool that I managed to wear a tire out, just like Jobst and
Grant would...

Yeah. Maybe it was time to get a new tire. =]

Yeah. To be honest, it freaked me at the time. I wasn't complaining;
that tire was original equipment that had ridden on the front for
about 7-8,000 miles. I was afraid it might eventually dry rot, so
after a while I rotated it to the back, where it lasted a couple or
three thousand more. Michelin something-or-other; I've never seen
another one that wasn't OEM.

Pat
Email address works as is.