2004 Specialized Hardrock SS, $500

Old September 17th 03, 06:22 AM
B. Sanders

Default 2004 Specialized Hardrock SS, $500

This looks pretty sweet:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...n=04HardrockSS

Overbuilt aluminum frame
Truvativ Hussafelt cranks
Marzocchi MX Comp 100mm fork
Ditch Witch rims
Disc brakes
Black/silver color scheme (w/ flames)

...and a derailleur hanger; in case you change your mind about SS.

All for $500 retail.

-=B=-

Old September 17th 03, 06:32 AM
Greg P.

"B. Sanders" wrote in message
t...
| This looks pretty sweet:
snip

yes it does. I've always looked to Specialized for my new bikes before
anywhere else. The only problem I can see is the tires. Maybe replacing with
some crossroads or something with better texture would suit you (are you
planning to do tricks or rough trails?)

Old September 17th 03, 07:46 AM
John Morgan

One speed is all you need,
Two legs give you speed.
Two wheels get you far and near,
One gear is fear.

Lose yourself in the pride,
One-speed your only ride.
You are the only one alive
when you lose your gears and strive.
To a better end--never die.

-John Morgan
--
"I tried lube, careful prying, careful digging and even not so careful
digging. Little chunks of rubber." --Sad Bob

Old September 17th 03, 06:03 PM
MattB

"B. Sanders" wrote in message
t...
This looks pretty sweet:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...n=04HardrockSS

Overbuilt aluminum frame
Truvativ Hussafelt cranks
Marzocchi MX Comp 100mm fork
Ditch Witch rims
Disc brakes
Black/silver color scheme (w/ flames)

..and a derailleur hanger; in case you change your mind about SS.

All for $500 retail.

-=B=-

I was just looking at one of these yesterday. I'm a little hesitant because
it's uses a tensioner instead of horizontal dropouts. The geometry is also
not ideal for long rides, but looks like more of a jumper. If I can get by
those two things, I just might have to get one. No too much to invest in an
experiment, IMO. Chances are someone would buy it from me if it didn't work
out...

Matt

Old September 17th 03, 06:11 PM
B. Sanders

"Dave W" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 05:22:51 GMT, "B. Sanders"
wrote:

This looks pretty sweet:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...n=04HardrockSS

Overbuilt aluminum frame
Truvativ Hussafelt cranks
Marzocchi MX Comp 100mm fork
Ditch Witch rims
Disc brakes
Black/silver color scheme (w/ flames)

..and a derailleur hanger; in case you change your mind about SS.

All for $500 retail.

-=B=-

Nice ride. But doesn't this prove that the SS hype machine has reached
critical mass? Mass produced machines for everyone!

Yes. Who isn't producing an SS bike this year? The list is getting shorter.

Some may say that this isn't a "real SS bike.". I'd tend to agree with
that; but that doesn't mean I don't like the idea. I think it's a great
idea. Good job, Specialized.

-=B=-

Old September 17th 03, 06:52 PM
JD

"Greg P." wrote in response to barry bargain's flute
tooting link.net...
The only problem I can see is the tires.

There are more issues to those who actually ride singlespeeds instead
of sitting around on the 'net tooting a pied piper flute for the
insipid, as barry bargain does.

First, it's not FUSSY compliant. Second, it's aluminium. Third is
the crapola tektro brakes. Next would be the vertical dropouts,
neccessitating the need for a "singluator" type device. There's
probably more, but an initial glance is all one who really rides needs
to discount this "bargain". The Bianchi may be a bit more, but is a
real singlespeed and well worth the extra $$.

JD
Old September 18th 03, 02:18 PM
Ken Campbell

B. 9/16/2003 11:22:51 PM

This looks pretty sweet:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...n=04HardrockSS

Overbuilt aluminum frame
Truvativ Hussafelt cranks
Marzocchi MX Comp 100mm fork
Ditch Witch rims
Disc brakes
Black/silver color scheme (w/ flames)

..and a derailleur hanger; in case you change your mind about SS.

All for $500 retail.

-=B=-

Ahhhh...out of lurk....I ordered one yesterday from my LBS. 450 out the
door. I have been intrigued and this seems like a good way to see if it's
for me.....

Ken Campbell
bigfork, montana

"what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you
and to hear the lamentations of the women"

Old September 18th 03, 09:31 PM
MTBScottie

Subject: 2004 Specialized Hardrock SS, $500
From: "B. Sanders"
Date: 9/17/2003 1:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time
This looks pretty sweet:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...n=04HardrockSS

Overbuilt aluminum frame
Truvativ Hussafelt cranks
Marzocchi MX Comp 100mm fork
Ditch Witch rims
Disc brakes
Black/silver color scheme (w/ flames)

..and a derailleur hanger; in case you change your mind about SS.

All for $500 retail.

-=B=-

I'm wondering what the weight is on it. I also noticed that the geometry looks
similar to a dirt jump or urban assault type bike.
Old September 18th 03, 09:36 PM
JD

Ken wrote in message ...
snip insipid barry bargain bull****
Ahhhh...out of lurk....I ordered one yesterday from my LBS. 450 out the
door. I have been intrigued and this seems like a good way to see if it's
for me.....

Two questions. Are you from Guinea and are you a law enforecement officer?

JD
Old September 19th 03, 05:01 AM
Mr. E. Mann

(MTBScottie) wrote in
:

From: "B. Sanders"

Date: 9/17/2003 1:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time
This looks pretty sweet:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...n=04HardrockSS

Overbuilt aluminum frame
Truvativ Hussafelt cranks
Marzocchi MX Comp 100mm fork
Ditch Witch rims
Disc brakes
Black/silver color scheme (w/ flames)

..and a derailleur hanger; in case you change your mind about SS.

All for $500 retail.

-=B=-

I'm wondering what the weight is on it. I also noticed that the
geometry looks similar to a dirt jump or urban assault type bike.

The geometry looks like that, because that is what it is. ;') BTW, I think
the paint on the 04's is lame.