Broken HS33

Old November 1st 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iAmVincent

Default Broken HS33

The lever recently snapped off of my HS33 during a fall. It looks like
I will have to replace the lever and the piece that connects to my T7.
I've been looking around and can only find replacement levers; can
anyone help me out?

--
iAmVincent

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity.
~Voltaire
Old November 1st 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

go on ebay, get a knackered old one for $10, swap the handle off it. You
shouldn't have to replace the main body, just grab an M6 allen key and
whip the pivot bolt out, making sure you note how it connects with the
link to the master cylinder, and stick the new handle in.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 1st 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

what has the body of it broken?
Similar to this?
[image: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6...cf3310ht7.jpg]

I think you might just have to find someone with spares, or find a
cheap set on ebay because I don't think I found a replacement body
anywhere.

I have seen levers for sale somewhere though, and have another one like
in the pic in my shed. Probably a bit far away though.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*Be careful not to bugger the shifty shaft-joemarshall*
*
**
*
Old November 1st 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iAmVincent

kington99;1122869 wrote:
go on ebay, get a knackered old one for $10, swap the handle off it. You
shouldn't have to replace the main body, just grab an M6 allen key and
whip the pivot bolt out, making sure you note how it connects with the
link to the master cylinder, and stick the new handle in.

The part with the pivot bolt snapped off, so I'm out of luck there.
Also, eBay doesn't seem to be much help.

Old December 10th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iAmVincent

I managed to get my hands on a new master cylinder, so I unscrewed the
old one from the cable and attached it to the new one. Unfortunately, I
do not get a response from the brakes. Since I essentially have no idea
what I'm doing, can anyone offer any advice?

Old December 12th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

iAmVincent;1147679 wrote:
Bleed kit?

Yep. Or if you have some spare parts, you can make one yourself from a
syringe. At any rate, it sounds like there's air in your line. Bleeding
is simple, but can take a while. Basically, you take out the plug on the
slave cylinder (the one that only has one hose--the crossover--attached
to it), take out the plug in the master cylinder (next to where the the
hose comes out), pump magura blood brake oil (or water, or sewing
machine oil, or ...) from the slave until it comes out of the master
with no bubbles. Then put the plug back in the master, and then in the
slave. You should be good to go.

Some people who run their brake with water instead of oil put the whole
shebang in a tub of water, and that makes it easy to get all the air out
of the line.

--
pkittle

Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg

Magura HS33 - Squeals like a pig 412 Unicycling 23 October 13th 08 07:19 AM
Magura HS33 drac Unicycling 9 September 1st 07 05:34 AM
magura hs33 on ebay tennisgh22 Unicycling 7 June 3rd 04 09:15 PM
New Magura HS33 for $36 Tellurider Unicycling 10 April 14th 04 03:02 AM
HS33 Blade joe Unicycling 2 March 30th 04 02:02 PM