Ok cyclists - is this reasonable behaviour?

Old April 4th 10, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

Default Ok cyclists - is this reasonable behaviour?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Interesting to know that everyone else; the man in the street, the
Police, the media - all understand the exact meaning of the term
'Road Tax'.

As usual, you are talking complete ********:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100193
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/index.htm
http://www.which.co.uk/advice/buying...line/index.jsp

SW

AIUI it is a tax on the vehicle, not a tax on the road - HTH

See Janet buy a shiny new car.
See PC Plod telling Janet she can't use her shiny new car on the road
without Road Tax.
See Janet buy a Tax Disc.
Now Janet can use her shiny new car on the road.

Not difficult is it?

Only for you it seems.

Old April 4th 10, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Grange

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:11:44 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Interesting to know that everyone else; the man in the street, the
Police, the media - all understand the exact meaning of the term
'Road Tax'.

As usual, you are talking complete ********:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100193
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/index.htm
http://www.which.co.uk/advice/buying...line/index.jsp

SW

AIUI it is a tax on the vehicle, not a tax on the road - HTH

See Janet buy a shiny new car.
See PC Plod telling Janet she can't use her shiny new car on the road
without Road Tax.
See Janet buy a Tax Disc.
Now Janet can use her shiny new car on the road.

Not difficult is it?

Have you paid your Van Tax yet?
Old April 4th 10, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Interesting to know that everyone else; the man in the street, the
Police, the media - all understand the exact meaning of the term
'Road Tax'.

As usual, you are talking complete ********:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100193
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/index.htm
http://www.which.co.uk/advice/buying...line/index.jsp

SW

AIUI it is a tax on the vehicle, not a tax on the road - HTH

See Janet buy a shiny new car.
See PC Plod telling Janet she can't use her shiny new car on the road
without Road Tax.
See Janet buy a Tax Disc.
Now Janet can use her shiny new car on the road.

Not difficult is it?

Have you paid your Van Tax yet?

No. I've paid my Road Tax. So I can use it on the 'Road'.

Clear case of denial. The phrase 'Road Tax' reminds cyclists that they are
sponging freeloaders.

--
Dave - The Tax Paying Motorist

Old April 4th 10, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

Just as you're too tightfisted to buy a new record.

Old April 4th 10, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

Can't deny it then? You must be one of those sponging freeloaders!

--
Dave - The Tax Paying Motorist

Old April 4th 10, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Grange

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

So you haven't paid your Van Tax?
Old April 4th 10, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

What "sponging freeloaders" would they be?

Old April 4th 10, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Derek geldard

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:01:12 +0100, "Brimstone"
wrote:

It's true that Council Tax is not a tax on councils, but that which is
called "road tax" doesn't go to roads either.

Correct, Benefits bludgers get most of it.

When cyclists "don't" pay the same tax on the same basis I "don't"
I'll be a happy man.

Derek

Old April 4th 10, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

Don't waste my time imbecile.

--
Dave - The Tax Paying Motorist

Old April 4th 10, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

I've paid my 'Road' Tax which allows me to use my van on the 'Road'. I've
also paid my 'Road' Tax to allow me to use my car on the 'Road'.

Which bit don't you understand idiot boy?

--
Dave - The Tax Paying Motorist

Is this just and reasonable? Bill C Racing 16 August 4th 06 02:22 PM
WTB - reasonable tri/TT wheels MJR Marketplace 0 July 6th 06 02:48 PM
How many Miles a day is reasonable.. [email protected] General 142 October 16th 05 05:36 AM
A reasonable article aeek Australia 25 July 8th 05 02:23 PM
LBS reasonable markup Keith Vetter General 57 June 17th 04 03:01 PM