i hate wet socks!!!

Old September 28th 04, 09:51 AM
flyingdutch

Default i hate wet socks!!!

yeah i know. over shoes, etc etc

but i worked real late and was way tired an forgot everything necessar
today so had to ride home in Melbournes' lusciousness. dont mind th
wet
(altho riding fixed is a bit hairy at the mo to me...) but wet sock
get m

--
flyingdutch

Old September 28th 04, 10:01 AM
jazmo

flyingdutch Wrote:
yeah i know. over shoes, etc etc

but i worked real late and was way tired an forgot everything necessar
today so had to ride home in Melbournes' lusciousness. dont mind th
wet
(altho riding fixed is a bit hairy at the mo to me...) but wet sock
get me

Worked real late? It's 7:00 and you've already commuted home. What'
real late for you? 5:30 ? ;

--
jazmo

Old September 28th 04, 11:58 AM
mfhor

flyingdutch Wrote:
yeah i know. over shoes, etc etc

but i worked real late and was way tired an forgot everything necessar
today so had to ride home in Melbournes' lusciousness. dont mind th
wet
(altho riding fixed is a bit hairy at the mo to me...) but wet sock
get me

Get some wooly ones!!! Smartwool!!! Ground Effect!!!

They might not repel water, but they keep you feet warm without tha
abrasive squelchy feeling that cotton inflicts when sodden.

I wear them at the least sign of rain. But then I was born on the N
English coast.

M "webbed feet"

--
mfhor

Old September 28th 04, 12:20 PM
Geoff

flyingdutch wrote:
yeah i know. over shoes, etc etc

but i worked real late and was way tired an forgot everything
necessary today so had to ride home in Melbournes' lusciousness. dont
mind the wet
(altho riding fixed is a bit hairy at the mo to me...) but wet socks
get me

You are not alone on on this topic.

Getting socks wet that are dry when I put them on are not a prob. I really
hate putting on socks that are already wet from the mornings ride to ride
home especially when it's no longer raining. Usually if I remember I'll
carry a second pair of socks just in case but even this doesn't solve the
wet shoes problem and the socks just get damp anyway :-(

So even more than wet socks I hate wet shoes.

Geoff

Old September 28th 04, 02:13 PM
aeek

Geoff Wrote:

So even more than wet socks I hate wet shoes.

wear Sandals, GroundEffect Lucifers effectively give you shoe bodie
that you can dry separately & even carry spares.

Do UCI regulations prohibit sandals

--
aeek

Old September 28th 04, 07:08 PM
Tamyka Bell

jazmo wrote:

flyingdutch Wrote:
yeah i know. over shoes, etc etc

but i worked real late and was way tired an forgot everything necessary
today so had to ride home in Melbournes' lusciousness. dont mind the
wet
(altho riding fixed is a bit hairy at the mo to me...) but wet socks
get me

Worked real late? It's 7:00 and you've already commuted home. What's
real late for you? 5:30 ?

--
jazmo

Yeah, that's a pretty poor effort at working late. I'm working late,
planning on going home at 6:00. In the morning, that is :-)

If anyone tries to tell you a doctorate is a good idea, give 'em a good
swift kick up the bum and tell 'em to F*&% OFF!!!!

Old September 29th 04, 01:06 AM
qtq

aeek wrote in
:

Do UCI regulations prohibit sandals?

Has anyone tried out any of the various incarnations of SPD sandals?

--
to email me, run my email address through /usr/bin/caesar
(or rotate by -4)

Old September 29th 04, 10:57 AM
qtq

aeek wrote in
:

qtq Wrote:
Has anyone tried out any of the various incarnations of SPD sandals?

That's what I ride in all year round here in balmy Canberra, SH-SD60B,
what the're different ones?

they're the $160 ones, right?

the local rebel sport (which has a competent guy in charge of the bike
section, but a GODAWFUL range) had something for about $70. forgotten what
brand, though.

-A

Old September 29th 04, 11:37 AM
aeek

qtq Wrote:
aeek wrote in
:

Do UCI regulations prohibit sandals?

Has anyone tried out any of the various incarnations of SPD sandals?

That's what I ride in all year round here in balmy Canberra, SH-SD60B
what the're different ones?
Tried to get another 2 pairs for cleatless use but the distributo
didn't believe the 2. Might sacrifice a pair to racing cleats, but I'
not that keen on using/buying shoes while I see what racing like, th
money's for a race bike

--
aeek

Old October 3rd 04, 06:02 AM
L'acrobat

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

yeah i know. over shoes, etc etc

but i worked real late and was way tired an forgot everything necessary
today so had to ride home in Melbournes' lusciousness. dont mind the
wet
(altho riding fixed is a bit hairy at the mo to me...) but wet socks
get me

Goretex oversocks sort that, your shoes will still get wet, but the socks
will be dry.

Coker: Love it or hate it. mscalisi Unicycling 28 August 20th 05 08:31 PM
Assorted socks for sale and cycling cap mvnbykes Marketplace 0 August 1st 05 03:57 AM
Heated socks Ningi UK 29 February 27th 05 10:31 PM
Campy X-static socks Fastest Socks in the Known Universe™ Johnny Giro Recumbent Biking 0 February 1st 05 05:07 PM
Enough with the OT politics! Steve Christensen Recumbent Biking 51 February 4th 04 09:26 AM