Ouch - 'first bike' nicked

Old May 5th 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Scandrett

Default Ouch - 'first bike' nicked

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.

Mark Thompson wrote on 29/04/2007 19:09:
Did you say you worked at the Manchester Edinburgh bicycle co-op? I
had an invite through the door today inviting me to your opening next
week... are you open yet, or not?!

Yep, opened a while ago, although we opened secretly. There was the Secret
Opening on a Wednesday a month or so ago, the Unofficial Publicised Opening
the next day, then there's the Official Opening next week. The idea being
that as almost all the staff are pretty much learning on the job it was
best to open slowly, if you see what I mean.

Ah, I see - that makes sense. Hope it goes well today - I might be able
to pop in but it's a little out of my way today.

Mailshots were sent out to people, with those living closest to the store
being told first. There is 20% off everything until the end of May, but
the vouchers are 'running out' (which is another way of saying Head Office
have realised that 20% is a little too generous). I'll keep a stash for
those customers willing to give backhanders.

grin

When I first found out about the Manchster store opening on the website
it said to email an address for a 20% voucher. Nothing arrived for
quite a while. I emailed again in early April in case my email had been
mislad; nothing again. I've since had a catalogue through the post and
this invite, but still nothing about the vouchers - I must admit that by
not hearing anything (not even an apology!) regarding the vouchers the
company was going down in my estimation before it'd even started,
because it just seemed like an address-harvesting exercise if they were
just going to send out catalogues rather than honour the voucher requests.

Anyway, thanks for the info - it's useful to know you're there... I just
wonder whether the area can sustain another bike shop, but obviously
people reckon it can. I suppose that's a good thing :-)

Regards

Peter

--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/
Old May 5th 07, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Thompson

When I first found out about the Manchster store opening on the
website it said to email an address for a 20% voucher. Nothing
arrived for quite a while. I emailed again in early April in case my
email had been mislad; nothing again. I've since had a catalogue
through the post

It should be in the back of the catalogue. Having said that, there are two
catalogues, one with the voucher and the other without so it's possible
they sent you the wrong one. A word with the manager (Alex) should see you
right, but he's from Yorkshire so can be a bit like getting blood out of a
stone.

Did you pop in? Your surname seems familiar but I'm not sure whether I'm
just remembering it from this group or from meeting another 'Scandrett' in
the shop.

You ever had your bike nicked? [email protected] UK 5 February 4th 07 11:07 AM
nicked bike dave Australia 1 June 13th 06 01:52 PM
Boris gets his bike (half) nicked Not Responding UK 32 February 4th 05 10:17 PM
Cyclist's bike nicked during trp Vivian UK 0 August 21st 04 11:24 AM
Residen't comittee almost nicked my BIKE! Swines! ShavyDave UK 8 October 9th 03 12:55 AM