Hey, did you guys know this?

Old April 24th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Hey, did you guys know this?

So I had to be 30 miles away in an hour in a suit and tie, and
had to borrow my wife's car. Then I had to put gas into it.
Get this -- gasoline costs like three dollars a gallon now!
On a per-mile basis that's about the same as my Gatorade allowance!

(I haven't been this surprised since the last time I had to look
under the hood and found out they don't make carburetors anymore.)

Do you suppose we should let the drivers of America know about
this? I'll bet they'd be pretty mad!

dave

PS -- Also, when did the gas stations stop giving away free dishes?

Old April 24th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Dave Rusin wrote:

So I had to be 30 miles away in an hour in a suit and tie, and
had to borrow my wife's car. Then I had to put gas into it.
Get this -- gasoline costs like three dollars a gallon now!
On a per-mile basis that's about the same as my Gatorade allowance!

(I haven't been this surprised since the last time I had to look
under the hood and found out they don't make carburetors anymore.)

Do you suppose we should let the drivers of America know about
this? I'll bet they'd be pretty mad!

dave

PS -- Also, when did the gas stations stop giving away free dishes?

I drove 160 miles each way on a road trip last Saturday - pretty unusual
for me. I drafted 18 wheelers most of the way - no hard data but I'm
sure my fuel use was like half or less than had I not. Also, the
truckers didn't seem to mind.