Deal of the Day

Old January 10th 16, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Deal of the Day

I have to share . . . (before going out for a ride): I was getting lunch on Friday and stopped by the Bike Gallery on a whim to see if they had a replacement floor pump gauge. http://www.bikegallery.com/ The guy digs around in back and finds a nice replacement gauge for a Specialized pump. It's $12, which I think is a little steep but O.K. I got to the clerk and produce my BTA card so I can get a discount, and she says that there is no discount on sale items. Sale? How much? It was marked down to $3. Works great!

It's the little things.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 11th 16, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/10/2016 9:54 AM, jbeattie wrote:
I have to share . . . (before going out for a ride): I was getting lunch on Friday and stopped by the Bike Gallery on a whim to see if they had a replacement floor pump gauge. http://www.bikegallery.com/ The guy digs around in back and finds a nice replacement gauge for a Specialized pump. It's $12, which I think is a little steep but O.K. I got to the clerk and produce my BTA card so I can get a discount, and she says that there is no discount on sale items. Sale? How much? It was marked down to $3. Works great!

It's the little things.

I am planning on winning the Powerball drawing so I won't have to worry
about saving $9 on a pressure gauge. I'll just buy a new pump every time
the hose gets loose.

Of course I can't top this guy's answer as to what he would do with the
money if he won: https://youtu.be/IvE84AGMWpE.

Old January 11th 16, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

....LBS GIVES TO THE POOR...

My ubiquitous camp number was the first Powerball, also camping at Black Rapids in Aulbachs Rio book.

I play rarely but closing in on it...

We're buying a Replica R8 in lurid chartreuse n moving to Northern California.

no cocaine.

Old January 11th 16, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Offer on a nice place for 5 ...
Old January 11th 16, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-01-10 09:54, jbeattie wrote:
I have to share . . . (before going out for a ride): I was getting
lunch on Friday and stopped by the Bike Gallery on a whim to see if
they had a replacement floor pump gauge. http://www.bikegallery.com/
The guy digs around in back and finds a nice replacement gauge for a
Specialized pump. It's $12, which I think is a little steep but O.K.
I got to the clerk and produce my BTA card so I can get a discount,
and she says that there is no discount on sale items. Sale? How
much? It was marked down to $3. Works great!

It's the little things.

I found out how to fix my 35+ year old foot pump that had been fixed and
band-aided half a dozen times and miraculously still hangs on. Cost: $0.

A stunning (non-bike-related) deal happened last week. I found a 1GB RAM
stick for a laptop computer for $3.45. With tax and shipping it came to
$8. My wife's old laptop that she was complaining about because of
sluggishness is now faster than ever. $8 sure beats $500 for a new laptop.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old January 12th 16, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Old laptops are like kerosene lamps ...
Old January 12th 16, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/12/2016 12:28 AM, wrote:
Old laptops are like kerosene lamps ...

sometimes:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/FIXCOMPU.JPG

Hey Jeff I'm available for computah repair advice

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 12th 16, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 10:29:00 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Old laptops are like kerosene lamps ...

Rub it til Genie comes out?
Old January 12th 16, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 1:03:36 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 10:29:00 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Old laptops are like kerosene lamps ...

Rub it til Genie comes out?

I lost a 1705E AC power unit from lightning hitting our cell tower megavolt power cable....while snoozing.

The 7 years later basically base full screen model from Dell, the 1705E was a middle model, is vastly superior. Screen readability used as a GPS screen while driving is readable way beyond what the 1705 could offer.

At half the price.

did i get a deal kdawg Unicycling 4 March 4th 08 04:50 AM
The Deal. Riles Unicycling 15 October 22nd 07 04:12 AM
DEAL ON RETRO/PRO WEAR - I FOUND A GREAT DEAL! [email protected] Social Issues 1 June 5th 07 06:12 PM
the best deal ever! Onemoredrunk Marketplace 0 October 11th 04 01:26 AM
How do I deal with it? marc UK 68 October 4th 03 11:38 AM