goodbye

Old May 25th 05, 12:45 AM
small change

Default goodbye

Good bye SID.

I've been making myself crazy trying to get my head around all the fork
stuff. I had all my choices figured out, only to find out there are very few
non-disc options out. Oh, sure, the Fox Float 100 for $700 but that's a
little steep.... So, 100mm of travel, non disc, lightweight, within my
budget...sure I want it: new fork, wheelset, disc brakes... but I seriously
doubt all that would fly around here.

found a Bomber MX comp, 105mm for $275 today. Just a little heavier than I
would've really liked but you can't have everything. Bought it. It will be
here next week. Local guys that know me and my bike think it'll be great.
Done deal.

penny

Old May 25th 05, 02:22 AM
cerebral misfit

"small change" wrote in message
Good bye SID.

I've been making myself crazy trying to get my head around all the fork
stuff. I had all my choices figured out, only to find out there are very

few
non-disc options out. Oh, sure, the Fox Float 100 for $700 but that's a
little steep.... So, 100mm of travel, non disc, lightweight, within my
budget...sure I want it: new fork, wheelset, disc brakes... but I

seriously
doubt all that would fly around here.

found a Bomber MX comp, 105mm for $275 today. Just a little heavier than I
would've really liked but you can't have everything. Bought it. It will

be
here next week. Local guys that know me and my bike think it'll be great.
Done deal.

congrats. i'm sure you'll be happy with your new purchase.

Old May 25th 05, 02:46 AM
TBF::.

"small change" wrote in message
Good bye SID.

I've been making myself crazy trying to get my head around all the fork
stuff. I had all my choices figured out, only to find out there are very
few non-disc options out. Oh, sure, the Fox Float 100 for $700 but that's
a little steep.... So, 100mm of travel, non disc, lightweight, within my
budget...sure I want it: new fork, wheelset, disc brakes... but I
seriously doubt all that would fly around here.

found a Bomber MX comp, 105mm for $275 today. Just a little heavier than I
would've really liked but you can't have everything. Bought it. It will
be here next week. Local guys that know me and my bike think it'll be
great. Done deal.

penny

Oh but the Fox is soooo smooth. I'm luv'n it!

Old May 25th 05, 03:41 AM
JohnH

Good bye SID.

I must have the only good SID they made. I've beat the hell out of it since
2001 and I don't think I've as much as wiped it off, much less do anything
else to it. My previous Marzocchi, however, required new seals after only a
few Kmiles.

EEMOV*

(* Everyone Else's Mileage Obviously Varies!)

Old May 25th 05, 03:41 PM
MattB

JohnH wrote:
Good bye SID.

I must have the only good SID they made. I've beat the hell out of it since
2001 and I don't think I've as much as wiped it off, much less do anything
else to it. My previous Marzocchi, however, required new seals after only a
few Kmiles.

EEMOV*

(* Everyone Else's Mileage Obviously Varies!)

I've actually got a SID on my 1x1 that's been holding up well. I kind of
want to replace it, but it just keeps working so I leave it alone. It's
pretty flexy compared to my Black but tolerable. I don't think my
shoulder can take a rigid fork so I need some kind of suspension.

Hey Penny, where did you get that fork? Locally or somewhere online?

Matt
Old May 25th 05, 03:55 PM
small change

MattB wrote:
JohnH wrote:
Good bye SID.

I must have the only good SID they made. I've beat the hell out of
it since 2001 and I don't think I've as much as wiped it off, much
less do anything else to it. My previous Marzocchi, however,
required new seals after only a few Kmiles.

EEMOV*

(* Everyone Else's Mileage Obviously Varies!)

I've actually got a SID on my 1x1 that's been holding up well. I kind
of want to replace it, but it just keeps working so I leave it alone.
It's pretty flexy compared to my Black but tolerable. I don't think my
shoulder can take a rigid fork so I need some kind of suspension.

Hey Penny, where did you get that fork? Locally or somewhere online?

Matt

close out at Jenson, it was the last one.

Old May 25th 05, 04:24 PM
JD

Welcome to the 'Hood.

JD

Old May 25th 05, 05:45 PM
Paladin

"small change" wrote in message
Good bye SID.

I've been making myself crazy trying to get my head around all the fork
stuff. I had all my choices figured out, only to find out there are very
few non-disc options out. Oh, sure, the Fox Float 100 for $700 but that's
a little steep.... So, 100mm of travel, non disc, lightweight, within my
budget...sure I want it: new fork, wheelset, disc brakes... but I
seriously doubt all that would fly around here.

found a Bomber MX comp, 105mm for $275 today. Just a little heavier than I
would've really liked but you can't have everything. Bought it. It will
be here next week. Local guys that know me and my bike think it'll be
great. Done deal.

penny

Congratulations. You'll never look back...

CDB

Rockshox are lighter, because plastic is very light....

say goodbye to "The Wall" cheechee Unicycling 10 August 11th 04 11:55 PM
Kiss goodbye to your door, you ****** BrakePiston UK 6 June 3rd 04 09:52 PM
Goodbye thinuniking Unicycling 2 March 3rd 04 07:42 PM
Unreason, and Goodbye. Mark Hickey Mountain Biking 1 February 17th 04 02:21 AM
Last straw; goodbye 110's onewheeldave Unicycling 2 September 8th 03 09:04 PM