Newspaper advocates killing cyclists in movie

Old March 23rd 08, 01:39 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.rides
Carl Sundquist

Default Newspaper advocates killing cyclists in movie

wrote in message
Jeez, what an asshole.

And, I'm not just saying that as a typical cyclist. I'm saying that as
a cyclist-hit-by-a-truck-and-put-in-a-coma-for-two-weeks-because-he-
was-hit-by-a-pickup-truck-in-Milwaukee.

I know he was kidding when he wrote: "I hear they are remaking Sly
Stalone's '70s picture "Death Race 2000." Here's hoping they film on
the back roads of Solano and Yolo counties." But it's still written in
very bad taste...

By the way, Death Race 200 [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072856/] is
a movie were pedestrians are hit purposely by automobiles for points.

Thanks for the post. I'm definitely going to send the guy a response.

Regards,
Cullen Carter

Don't bother responding to the author. Send a letter to businesses
advertising in the paper along with a copy of the column.

Let them respond to the author.

Old March 24th 08, 03:29 PM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

Got an e-mail back from the publisher of this paper, Greg McConnel.
Apparently, he's been out of town for a bit, but will review Bernardini's
article when he returns. Hmm, so not even the PUBLISHER reads this paper...
;]