BNE races?

Old June 27th 05, 05:20 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default BNE races?

As I've said, I'm out next weekend... but what's on the weekend 9-10
June? I was thinking of doing Murarrie on Saturday morning (I've been
scared off those HPRW races by the fast people...) and I've heard Abby
will be joining me...

I think Crestmead is on Saturday morning as well, and LotteBum made her
debut there... what's the circuit like? How far is it from my place (I
think it's a flatter ride, anyway)? Timings are the opposite of Murarrie
i.e. cat 2 goes first at 0700 then cat 1 at 0800.

TT at Claymore also on Saturday arvo. Sunday morning, Balmoral CC is
doing the century ride (yes, imperial OR metric OR metric half).

What's happening out at Lakeside soon? What has happened to Nudgee? Any
news?

Tam (who might end up racing next Saturday after all... despite Gold
Coast...)
Old June 27th 05, 05:50 AM
adam85

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
[...]

Hey you! In the back! Stop talking and pay attention!!

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky

--
adam85

Old June 27th 05, 05:51 AM
Bruce Dickson

Tamyka Bell wrote:
As I've said, I'm out next weekend... but what's on the weekend 9-10
June? I was thinking of doing Murarrie on Saturday morning (I've been
scared off those HPRW races by the fast people...) and I've heard Abby
will be joining me...

Hey look Adam, someone thinks we're fast.

I think Crestmead is on Saturday morning as well, and LotteBum made her
debut there... what's the circuit like? How far is it from my place (I
think it's a flatter ride, anyway)? Timings are the opposite of Murarrie
i.e. cat 2 goes first at 0700 then cat 1 at 0800.

TT at Claymore also on Saturday arvo. Sunday morning, Balmoral CC is
doing the century ride (yes, imperial OR metric OR metric half).

What's happening out at Lakeside soon? What has happened to Nudgee? Any
news?

Lakeside next Sat 2/7 at 1:30pm and then again on the 16/7, I think
various clubs will run races at Nudgee from time to time. I would guess
HPRW will have more races there next year since this years program is
already set, permits applied for etc. I don't think any one club is
going to run a race there every week like Balmoral does at Murarrie. I
don't know how people do it really. I'd get bored doing the same course
every week.

Tam (who might end up racing next Saturday after all... despite Gold
Coast...)

Lakeside Lakeside Lakeside.

For some variety try a TT at Closeburn the week after on 9/7. No nasty
boys can sit on your wheel there.

Bruce.

Old June 27th 05, 06:01 AM
Tamyka Bell

adam85 wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
[...]

His page works with my browser. All the linked pages don't. There's
nothing about Nudgee. And why is Lakeside being so exclusive?

Besides, I sit up the front.

Tam
Old June 27th 05, 06:05 AM
Tamyka Bell

Bruce Dickson wrote:
snip
Lakeside next Sat 2/7 at 1:30pm and then again on the 16/7, I think
various clubs will run races at Nudgee from time to time. I would guess
HPRW will have more races there next year since this years program is
already set, permits applied for etc. I don't think any one club is
going to run a race there every week like Balmoral does at Murarrie. I
don't know how people do it really. I'd get bored doing the same course
every week.

Well, two weeks in a row, it's been fun. But then, I'm not really
looking at the scenery.

Tam (who might end up racing next Saturday after all... despite Gold
Coast...)

Lakeside Lakeside Lakeside.

It won't happen, I have to work the info booth at Gold Coast, and I'm
getting "introduced" at Pat Carroll's seminar. I can't pass up all this
opportunity to be a celeb!

For some variety try a TT at Closeburn the week after on 9/7. No nasty
boys can sit on your wheel there.

Yeah... but nor can I sit on their wheels... and I'm kinda getting used
to it...

Tam
Old June 27th 05, 06:10 AM
Tamyka Bell

Bruce Dickson wrote:

For some variety try a TT at Closeburn the week after on 9/7. No nasty
boys can sit on your wheel there.

Bruce.

1. where is closeburn and
2. come out to lakeside on 24/7, I dare ya!

Tam
Old June 27th 05, 06:40 AM
adam85

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
adam85 wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
[...]

Oh ok then. There's a little bit about nundah up the top in news.

**NUNDAH CRIT CIRCUIT CLUB RACING will commence with the first HPR
event being on 6 August. Visitors welcome.**

Crestmead is run in the industrial estate. It's all pretty flat, just
slight hill on the southern part of magnesium drive. They run a fe
different circuits out there. It'd be about 20km flat ride out from M
Gravatt.

Like Bruce says Lakeside is good, C grade would be a bit easier tha
Cat 2 I reckon and D grade is always a handicap. There's a race ther
this saturday and then 3 weeks after that (16th July).

9-10th July? Murrarie,Crestmead, Claymore (up the sunshine coast) an
Ipswich. Also Hamilton century/half century on the sunday which you'r
welcome to come along to. The saturday Closeburn TT is a club onl
event though.

This is a community service announcement :

--
adam85

Old June 27th 05, 06:51 AM
Bruce Dickson

Tamyka Bell wrote:

And why is Lakeside being so exclusive?

I assume you mean the club criterium championships the other week where
visitors weren't allowed to race. That only happens once a year, plus a
Club TT and Club road championship. At all other club races visitors
are welcome and I'm fairly sure they'd be welcome at the TT since
you're not going to get in anyone's way.

Well, two weeks in a row, it's been fun. But then, I'm not really
looking at the scenery.

That one wasn't aimed at you. When I was starting out any race was
great but some people seem to race at Murarrie every Saturday of the
year for years. Maybe they crash just to keep it interesting.

Yeah... but nor can I sit on their wheels... and I'm kinda getting used

to it...

Yeah I'm not a big fan of TTs myself. It's much more motivating riding
against other riders than a clock.

1. where is closeburn and
2. come out to lakeside on 24/7, I dare ya!

Closeburn is between Samford and Dayboro, the course goes out to
Dayboro and back, about 34km. What's on a Lakeside 24/7? If it involves
running or swimming not a chance. Besides that's the date of the State
TeamsTT and with a few new guys in the Club this year we might be in
with a good chance of not coming last this year.

Bruce.

Old June 27th 05, 06:53 AM
Tamyka Bell

adam85 wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
adam85 wrote:

snip
Hey you! In the back! Stop talking and pay attention!!

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky/

His page works with my browser. All the linked pages don't. There's
nothing about Nudgee. And why is Lakeside being so exclusive?

Besides, I sit up the front.

Tam

Oh ok then. There's a little bit about nundah up the top in news.

**NUNDAH CRIT CIRCUIT CLUB RACING will commence with the first HPRW
event being on 6 August. Visitors welcome.**

I was blind to miss that!

Crestmead is run in the industrial estate. It's all pretty flat, just a
slight hill on the southern part of magnesium drive. They run a few
different circuits out there. It'd be about 20km flat ride out from Mt
Gravatt.

Oi that sounds much nicer than my about 20km flat ride out to Murarrie,
which isn't flat at all.

Like Bruce says Lakeside is good, C grade would be a bit easier than
Cat 2 I reckon and D grade is always a handicap. There's a race there
this saturday and then 3 weeks after that (16th July).

That's 2 weeks.

9-10th July? Murrarie,Crestmead, Claymore (up the sunshine coast) and
Ipswich. Also Hamilton century/half century on the sunday which you're
welcome to come along to. The saturday Closeburn TT is a club only
event though.

Where is Hamilton's century and half going on the 10th? Balmoral is
heading to Sanctuary Cove.

This is a community service announcement

Thanks dude

Tam
Old June 27th 05, 06:56 AM
Tamyka Bell

Bruce Dickson wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

And why is Lakeside being so exclusive?

I assume you mean the club criterium championships the other week where
visitors weren't allowed to race. That only happens once a year, plus a
Club TT and Club road championship. At all other club races visitors
are welcome and I'm fairly sure they'd be welcome at the TT since
you're not going to get in anyone's way.

Fairy'nuff

Well, two weeks in a row, it's been fun. But then, I'm not really
looking at the scenery.

That one wasn't aimed at you. When I was starting out any race was
great but some people seem to race at Murarrie every Saturday of the
year for years. Maybe they crash just to keep it interesting.

The good news is, those types are probably a Cat up from me...

Yeah... but nor can I sit on their wheels... and I'm kinda getting used

to it...

Yeah I'm not a big fan of TTs myself. It's much more motivating riding
against other riders than a clock.

Hehehe although I do like my solo sessions where I start at UQ at the
same time as Abby starts in the city, and I've gotta catch him before Mt
Gravatt.

1. where is closeburn and
2. come out to lakeside on 24/7, I dare ya!

Closeburn is between Samford and Dayboro, the course goes out to
Dayboro and back, about 34km. What's on a Lakeside 24/7? If it involves
running or swimming not a chance. Besides that's the date of the State
TeamsTT and with a few new guys in the Club this year we might be in
with a good chance of not coming last this year.

Bruce.

Bingo. Duathlon. Short one, so I might put my toe straps on instead.
Given I don't have a Team, that day's free for me. Although last year I
woke up hungover and missed the start.

Tam

Two races, one day - preparation and tips ? Lou D'Amelio Racing 3 April 30th 05 10:38 PM
CK Slowdio avoids the HPV races in '04 Johnny NoCom Recumbent Biking 1 November 1st 04 06:08 PM
Flyer notice: Memorial Day Weekend Bike Races (Quad Cities/ Iowa) [email protected] Racing 0 April 22nd 04 11:35 PM
Fun races MattB Mountain Biking 3 August 27th 03 01:48 PM
RR part 2 days at the races Penny S. Mountain Biking 6 July 29th 03 02:50 PM