Bike like a Drunk!

Old June 13th 07, 01:30 AM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bob

Default A monstrous breed of automobile stalks the jungle

On Jun 12, 9:28 am, donquijote1954
wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:24 pm, Bob wrote:

On Jun 11, 10:54 am, donquijote1954
wrote:

They squeeze every penny out of the monkey who had some

drinks, but don't mess with the lion who talks recklessly on the phone
and ignores the rules of the road. And what separates the monkey from
the lion?

One has a legal blood alcohol level while the other does not.

And one has plenty of cash (and credit cards) in his pockets to hire
good lawyers, while the other has to switch to riding a bike to get
around after DUI. We may as well have provided him the bike in the
first place, so he can drink without killing others, right?

So we can send him out into the jungle you're afraid to ride in? Why
do you hate poor people- only poor people get DUIs in your
"reasoning"- so much?

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old June 13th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
donquijote1954

Default DUI IS THE SCAPEGOAT

On Jun 12, 8:30 pm, Bob wrote:

And one has plenty of cash (and credit cards) in his pockets to hire
good lawyers, while the other has to switch to riding a bike to get
around after DUI. We may as well have provided him the bike in the
first place, so he can drink without killing others, right?

So we can send him out into the jungle you're afraid to ride in? Why
do you hate poor people- only poor people get DUIs in your
"reasoning"- so much?

Well, I bet it works along the lines of poverty and ignorance. But DUI
IS THE SCAPEGOAT. Not the reckless soccer mom chatting on the phone of
her supersized SUV (unheard of in Europe), not the driver barreling
down on you right-hand lane (also unheard of in civilized places).
Anything goes but drinking...

"If saving lives on our nations highways is the primary goal of our
legislative and judicial branches of government, then a balanced
approach to obtain that goal would result in the revocation of driving
privileges for speeding violations along with mandatory prison
sentences, hefty fines, safe driving classes, mental evaluations,
community service; we could increase the list ad infinitum.
Incidentally, the courts have embraced a so-called balancing test to
support their rulings on sobriety checkpoints, so it doesnt seem out
of the realm of possibilities to challenge the courts and our
legislators on their unbalanced approach to highway safety related
laws, policies, and punishments directly related to violations of
such. Based on the NHTSA statistics, it is reasonable to expect then
that a speeding driver is an equal threat, or an even greater
immediate threat to public safety than a driver who may have a
measurable amount of alcohol in their system, yet the gap between
punitive response to each is unnerving. Either the DUI laws are
extreme in nature, or the punishment for speeding needs to be
completely revamped.

Obviously, if driving privileges were revoked for first offense
speeders, civil unrest would erupt across the nation."

http://www.duigulag.com/stats.htm

Of course, SUV drivers are above the law because politics in America
is about money, and they got plenty of it.

Old June 13th 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dane Buson

In rec.bicycles.misc Bob wrote:
On Jun 12, 9:28 am, donquijote1954

And one has plenty of cash (and credit cards) in his pockets to hire
good lawyers, while the other has to switch to riding a bike to get
around after DUI. We may as well have provided him the bike in the
first place, so he can drink without killing others, right?

So we can send him out into the jungle you're afraid to ride in? Why
do you hate poor people- only poor people get DUIs in your
"reasoning"- so much?

Oh Bob, it's kind of cruel. You know he's ill equipped for any sort of
logical debate. The poor boy is evidently so ill coordinated he can't
bike down the street without veering into harms way. I can't imagine he
does any better on the sidewalk.

--
Dane Buson -
"... except vendor A only speaks German and vendor B hates Brussel sprouts and
Old June 14th 07, 09:13 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
donquijote1954

Default In God We Trust: Damn the Environment!

On Jun 13, 5:52 pm, Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Bob wrote:

On Jun 12, 9:28 am, donquijote1954

And one has plenty of cash (and credit cards) in his pockets to hire
good lawyers, while the other has to switch to riding a bike to get
around after DUI. We may as well have provided him the bike in the
first place, so he can drink without killing others, right?

So we can send him out into the jungle you're afraid to ride in? Why
do you hate poor people- only poor people get DUIs in your
"reasoning"- so much?

Oh Bob, it's kind of cruel. You know he's ill equipped for any sort of
logical debate. The poor boy is evidently so ill coordinated he can't
bike down the street without veering into harms way. I can't imagine he
does any better on the sidewalk.

You think riding the sidewalk places me at odds with your god. You
probably laugh at Jesus riding an ass, right? Yours is a god of waste
and pollution (am I getting too philosophical?)...

http://inkasperu.com/tours/jpg_file...chile/ei085.jpg

I guess we aren't alone in the faith in a god that will get us out of
trouble. Nor are we alone in recklessly destroying the environment...

'In his book "A Short History of Progress", Ronald Wright speculates
that for a generation or so, "there was enough old lumber to haul the
great stones and still keep a few canoes seaworthy for deep water".
When the day came the last boat was gone, wars broke out over "ancient
planks and wormeaten bits of jetsam". The people of Rapa Nui exhausted
all possible resources, including eating their own dogs and all
nesting birds when finally there was absolutely nothing left. All that
was left were the stone giants who symbolized the devouring of a whole
island. The stone giants became monuments where the islanders could
keep faith and honour them in hopes of a return. By the end, there
were more than a thousand moai (stone statues), which was one for
every ten islanders (Wright, 2004). When the Europeans arrived in the
eighteenth century, the worst was over and they only found one or two
living souls per statue.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island

The End is Coming Soon, right?

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Don Quixotes of the Environment
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote6

__________________
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" -M.L. King

Old June 14th 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
John Mara

donquijote1954 wrote:

Well, I bet it works along the lines of poverty and ignorance. But DUI
IS THE SCAPEGOAT. Not the reckless soccer mom chatting on the phone of
her supersized SUV (unheard of in Europe), not the driver barreling
down on you right-hand lane (also unheard of in civilized places).
Anything goes but drinking...

Don't they have supersize SUVs in Europe? I see lots of Mercedes and
BMW SUVs or do they build them just for the US market? Mercedes makes
the Unimog, the most ridiculous SUV of them all.

John Mara
Old June 15th 07, 06:55 AM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bob

On Jun 13, 11:57 am, donquijote1954
wrote:
On Jun 12, 8:30 pm, Bob wrote:

And one has plenty of cash (and credit cards) in his pockets to hire
good lawyers, while the other has to switch to riding a bike to get
around after DUI. We may as well have provided him the bike in the
first place, so he can drink without killing others, right?

So we can send him out into the jungle you're afraid to ride in? Why
do you hate poor people- only poor people get DUIs in your
"reasoning"- so much?

Well, I bet it works along the lines of poverty and ignorance.

I've boiled down your longwinded rebuttal of my interpretation of your
"reasoning" as much as possible without paraphrasing it. If I *were*
going to paraphrase, your rebuttal could be accurately summarized in
even fewer words like so:
"Is so!"
You're getting boring again.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old June 15th 07, 06:58 AM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bob

On Jun 13, 4:52 pm, Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Bob wrote:

On Jun 12, 9:28 am, donquijote1954

And one has plenty of cash (and credit cards) in his pockets to hire
good lawyers, while the other has to switch to riding a bike to get
around after DUI. We may as well have provided him the bike in the
first place, so he can drink without killing others, right?

So we can send him out into the jungle you're afraid to ride in? Why
do you hate poor people- only poor people get DUIs in your
"reasoning"- so much?

Oh Bob, it's kind of cruel. You know he's ill equipped for any sort of
logical debate. The poor boy is evidently so ill coordinated he can't
bike down the street without veering into harms way. I can't imagine he
does any better on the sidewalk.

Read on. Now he's comparing himself to Jesus. g

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old June 15th 07, 03:31 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
James Robinson

John Mara wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:

Well, I bet it works along the lines of poverty and ignorance. But DUI
IS THE SCAPEGOAT. Not the reckless soccer mom chatting on the phone of
her supersized SUV (unheard of in Europe), not the driver barreling
down on you right-hand lane (also unheard of in civilized places).
Anything goes but drinking...

Don't they have supersize SUVs in Europe? I see lots of Mercedes and
BMW SUVs or do they build them just for the US market? Mercedes makes
the Unimog, the most ridiculous SUV of them all.

The Unimog has been built for over 50 years as a commercial vehicle for
fairly utilitarian uses, like plowing snow and moving railroad cars.

I don't think Europe has anything like this:

http://www.sportchassis.com/

(Also a division of Daimler Benz)

As far as large SUVs, cars are generally increasing in size in Europe, but
you really don't want to drive anything very large in a European city.
Old June 15th 07, 03:56 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
donquijote1954

On Jun 14, 6:33 pm, John Mara wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:

Well, I bet it works along the lines of poverty and ignorance. But DUI
IS THE SCAPEGOAT. Not the reckless soccer mom chatting on the phone of
her supersized SUV (unheard of in Europe), not the driver barreling
down on you right-hand lane (also unheard of in civilized places).
Anything goes but drinking...

Don't they have supersize SUVs in Europe? I see lots of Mercedes and
BMW SUVs or do they build them just for the US market? Mercedes makes
the Unimog, the most ridiculous SUV of them all.

John Mara

They may be stupid and ugly but not supersized. They specialize more
in SMART VEHICLES...

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee9267b/cm...edded..ee92679

Old June 15th 07, 04:19 PM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
donquijote1954

Default I own an ass and a horse

On Jun 15, 1:58 am, Bob wrote:

So we can send him out into the jungle you're afraid to ride in? Why
do you hate poor people- only poor people get DUIs in your
"reasoning"- so much?

Oh Bob, it's kind of cruel. You know he's ill equipped for any sort of
logical debate. The poor boy is evidently so ill coordinated he can't
bike down the street without veering into harms way. I can't imagine he
does any better on the sidewalk.

Read on. Now he's comparing himself to Jesus.

You don't understand I speak in parables. When I say, "I ride an ass
too," I'm actually saying I ride a bike which is equivalent to riding
a four-legged animal.

Actually I own an ass and a horse... Well, the ass is the new 3 speed
bike with the baskets. It's slow but it's the beast of burden I ride
on sidewalks. And the horse... being the mountain bike, which is much
faster but hardly usable in the real world of the roads. You know,
when in Rome do as the Romans, and they are riding threatening SUVs.
Only hope is the end of the Roman Empire, and the coming of the
barbarians --and the Dark Ages...

Why aren't better ways to end an empire??? Like people saying, "What
is this stupid empire good for?" and dismantling the whole thing, and
bring peace and prosperity, and stop wanting to control the world.
Well, the USSR kind of finished like that but it was taking over by
the mafia. The hope remains though...

(Did I sound like preaching?)

Bike like a Drunk! donquijote1954 General 39 June 26th 07 04:07 PM
Bike like a Drunk! donquijote1954 Social Issues 42 June 26th 07 04:07 PM
drunk drivers gordon Racing 16 March 2nd 05 12:45 AM
drunk drivers gordon Australia 17 March 2nd 05 12:45 AM
Missouri Bike Advocate Killed by Drunk Driver Kerry Nikolaisen General 3 September 16th 03 09:36 PM