Universal Rail Adapter

Old July 27th 05, 02:22 AM
sabin_a.

Default Universal Rail Adapter

Has anyone ever had the thought of making universal rail adapters to fit
kh AND miyata style bolt patterns?

Seen as how there are not any miyata rail adapters that are being made
anymore (well at least more inexpensive ones unlike 'THIS'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=253)
)

It would be nice to get an inexpensive (around $30) rail adapter that
will fit kh and miyata posts, It seems like people with miyata seats are
comming up shorthanded in terms of rail adapters

Your thoughts?

--
sabin_a. - skilled unicyclist

Homer - "Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could
not eat it?"
Flanders - "Well, as melon scratchers go, that's a honey doodle"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Old July 27th 05, 02:30 AM
Tim

sabin_a. wrote:
*It would be nice to get an inexpensive (around $30) rail adapter that
will fit kh and miyata posts*

You mean seat. I have one but I got it from Jagur I forget where he got
it.

--
Tim - Amanda's the sexiest avatar

Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

Old July 27th 05, 02:32 AM
sabin_a.

Tim wrote:
*You mean seat. I have one but I got it from Jagur I forget where he
got it. *

yeah sorry, seats, not posts

Old July 27th 05, 08:51 PM
JamesH

I've been looking for an inexpensive miyata adaptor too. If it also
worked for KH seats that would be an added bonus I'd be willing to pay
extra for..

--
JamesH - Back into the swing of things
JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

Old July 29th 05, 12:48 AM
cyberpunk

Well aparently they do exist if someone has one, but don't the Miyata
and KH not only have diffrent bolt patterns, but arnt curved diffrently?
The KH having a stronger curve especialyy in the front, How does the
universal adapter work? Wouldn't you have to bend it a little to fit on
the miyata or KH seat base? If you went for an inbetween of the two
angles?

Or are the angles so slight you don't even notice.

--
cyberpunk - Become one with the Debian

The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

"Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923