Famous Mountain Biker Kills His Brother!

Old November 25th 06, 07:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Cyli

Default Famous Mountain Biker Kills His Brother!

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:38:40 GMT, Mike Vandeman
wrote:

DUH! The truth hurts, huh?

If the truth hurt, you'd be writhing and moaning in pain all day and
all night for years.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old November 25th 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

He was famous for mountain biking. DUH! The truth hurts, huh?

It's hard to tell, you haven't given us any yet.

There is nothing in the article YOU posted that said anything about mountain
biking. YOU brought mountain biking to the table, but you have lied before,
and we have no independent confirmation that you are being truthful now.

Old November 25th 06, 07:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:07:39 -0500, "S Curtiss"
wrote:

"Cyli" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:38:40 GMT, Mike Vandeman
wrote:

There is no indication this person commited this crime because he was a
cyclist.

There is no indication that he ever rode a mountain bike, either.

He was famous for mountain biking. DUH! The truth hurts, huh?

I never heard of him. How did you hear of him?

"During the past two decades, radical environmental and animal rights
groupshave claimed responsibility for hundreds of crimes and acts of
terrorism, including arson, bombings, vandalism and harassment, causing more
than $100 million in damage. While some activists have been captured,
ecoterror cells - small and loosely affiliated - are extremely difficult to
identify and most attacks remain unsolved. Although it has been overshadowed
by Islamic terrorist threats since September 11, ecoterrorism remains one of
the country's most active terrorist movements."

Except for mountain bikers, who ride illegally every day.

It speaks volumes on the integrity of MV for him to focus on the actions of
a man that used to ride (the article HE posted stated he had not involved
himself in it for quite some time) while disregarding the real and
continuing damage and injury inflicted by people that CURRENTLY claim
environmental ties.
He once again disregards the real facts while attempting to inflate the
significance of someone that at one time rode a mountain bike. He might as
well state "a postal worker killed someone. Therefore, all postal workers
are murderers.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old November 26th 06, 01:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
S Curtiss

wrote:

[...]

The Bureau of Land Management, National Forest Service and other local and
national agencies recognize (and are expanding) access for mountain biking.
Since the activity is recognized by law, your statement is a blatant LIE.

Old November 26th 06, 08:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

[...]

No matter how many trails they have, it's never enough for them! They
always ride off-trail. I see it all the time. So does everyone else
who has their eyes open.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old November 26th 06, 09:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
S Curtiss

wrote:

Except for mountain bikers, who ride illegally every day.

The Bureau of Land Management, National Forest Service and other local and
national agencies recognize (and are expanding) access for mountain
biking.
Since the activity is recognized by law, your statement is a blatant LIE.

No matter how many trails they have, it's never enough for them! They
always ride off-trail. I see it all the time. So does everyone else
who has their eyes open.

WRONG! You can not generalize the actions of all based on your UNPROVEN
opinions.

I can do it, too: Hikers litter and trample off trails. I see it all the
time. So does everyone else who has their eyse open.

Old November 26th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

Except for mountain bikers, who ride illegally every day.

The Bureau of Land Management, National Forest Service and other local
and
national agencies recognize (and are expanding) access for mountain
biking.
Since the activity is recognized by law, your statement is a blatant LIE.

No matter how many trails they have, it's never enough for them! They
always ride off-trail. I see it all the time. So does everyone else
who has their eyes open.

WRONG! You can not generalize the actions of all based on your UNPROVEN
opinions.

I can do it, too: Hikers litter and trample off trails. I see it all the
time. So does everyone else who has their eyse open.

Well, DUH! We know that ALL hikers go off trail because that is how we get
reports of bike riders going off trail. If hikers REMAINED on trail, they
would never know that bikes go off trail, and then come here and report.

Seems to me that if hikers and bikers use the same trails, then they must
(by definition) not be off trail. Hmmm ...

Old November 27th 06, 03:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris Foster

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

How is it that you see it all the time? That would require you being in
the woods, wouldn't it? Hope you aren't wearing hiking shoes.

===

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old November 27th 06, 03:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris Foster

"di" wrote in :

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message
How come the Subject Line isn't, "Landscaper kills brother!" or
"Skiing legend kills brother!" or simply, "Man kills brother."

Once again you prove that you are an idiot.

I think it's the landscaping that caused it, a good reason to not mow
your lawn.

Then you would have some of that Pure Habitat that Mikey has in his back
yard. 20 x 20 I believe

Old November 27th 06, 03:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris Foster

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:33:15 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

How come the Subject Line isn't, "Landscaper kills brother!" or
"Skiing legend kills brother!" or simply, "Man kills brother."

The truth hurts, huh?

The original head line was "Cops: Sparta man killed brother"

Mikey modified it

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20061122/COMMUNITIES53/611220332/1203/NEWS01