Mountain biker dies on trail

Old June 19th 07, 01:22 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Steve Baker[_2_]

Default Mountain biker dies on trail

Bill wrote:
Steve Baker wrote:
Bill wrote:

garbage snippage

Bicycling is supposed to be a fun thing, not a case for silly arguments.

And yet you insist on arguing.... sillily, to boot.
The fact that you filtered Sorni confirms the silly part.

Filtering Sorni is silly?
Please do tell how intelligently he contributes.
Ed Dolan, as you must know, is just noise.
Bill Baka

I have known Sorni on and off for about 7 years now, and he has never
seemed to do anything worthy of filtering. Au contraire, my lad, he has
been the epitome of restraint at times (surprisingly)
Old June 19th 07, 01:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill

Steve Baker wrote:
Bill wrote:
Steve Baker wrote:
Bill wrote:

garbage snippage

Bicycling is supposed to be a fun thing, not a case for silly
arguments.

And yet you insist on arguing.... sillily, to boot.
The fact that you filtered Sorni confirms the silly part.

Filtering Sorni is silly?
Please do tell how intelligently he contributes.
Ed Dolan, as you must know, is just noise.
Bill Baka

I have known Sorni on and off for about 7 years now, and he has never
seemed to do anything worthy of filtering. Au contraire, my lad, he has
been the epitome of restraint at times (surprisingly)

Perchance you may be correct, yet the Vanderman is making a mess out of
things, so he is filtered, but I get all the responses.
It's an imperfect world.
Bill Baka
Old June 19th 07, 02:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Sornson

Steve Baker wrote:
Bill wrote:

garbage snippage

Bicycling is supposed to be a fun thing, not a case for silly
arguments.

And yet you insist on arguing.... sillily, to boot.
The fact that you filtered Sorni confirms the silly part.

Iron Bill "Ernest T." Baka is a maroon and bull****ter of the first order.
I tend to call him on /some/ of his crap, and he gets a little testicle.
LOL

Ahoy Baker Buoy!

BS (a little)

Old June 19th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill

Bill Sornson wrote:
Steve Baker wrote:
Bill wrote:

garbage snippage

Bicycling is supposed to be a fun thing, not a case for silly
arguments.

And yet you insist on arguing.... sillily, to boot.
The fact that you filtered Sorni confirms the silly part.

Iron Bill "Ernest T." Baka is a maroon and bull****ter of the first order.
I tend to call him on /some/ of his crap, and he gets a little testicle.
LOL

Ahoy Baker Buoy!

BS (a little)

I did have you kill filed, sort of, marking your messages as read and
then going out of the group and back in, but I just had to spell your
name wrong.
At least I got rid of Dolan the grate bandwidth waster.
I do have to wonder if you were ever with me on some of my exploits just
how much brown stuff would have to be dug out of you panties.
Cheerio,
Bill Baka, No ****.
Old June 23rd 07, 10:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jim Roberts[_2_]

Is this idiotic thread ever going to end??

jimbat
Old June 25th 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On 18 Jun 2007 18:44:37 GMT, Chris wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

On 13 Jun 2007 14:49:44 GMT, Chris wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote in
news
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:27:44 -0700, Bill wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:39:13 -0700, Bill
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:

Okay, so you have to ride 30 miles to get to the trail. But why
can't you WALK on the trail? Why do you feel it necessary to bike
them? A real he-man like you shouldn't be taking it easy, by using
an energy-saving device such as a bike.

The trail in question is not even ridable at some point and I have
to lug about 70 pounds of bike and supplies of some rocky bad parts.

"Supplies"? I've never needed that much on any camping trip.

Bill Baka

Mike
So you admit that you go camping. By hiking/backpacking to your
campsite you have an impact on the habitat, maybe to a lesser degree
than mountain biking,

Not "maybe", DEFINITELY.

Assume you are correct for the moment (which I do not), but by your own
admission, hiking does impact the habitat, why do you choose to destroy
the very thing you wish to protect??

My impact is minimal, which you know as well as I.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 25th 07, 06:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 04:56:03 GMT, "Oz" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
. net...
Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:29:24 -0700, Bill wrote:
No,
Flo-Jo was the one I heard about. Christopher Reeve died of zero
exercise and being in a wheel chair for ten years.
I will exercise until some day I will drop dead, on MY terms, not in an
old folks home.

Good choice. Old folks are too polite to tell you what a fool you are.

I visit them when they are out with their walkers or wheelchairs and that
just motivates me to ride more. See old post below.

One of the nicer things I do is to stop at the old folks
home and chat with 80+ ladies there, and they just soak up the tales.
Not the radical ones, but the reasonable ones, like I'm gonna kill my
self climbing that mountain some day.
Bill Baka

At least I will never have to have an attendant wipe my butt.
Scrape it off the road after a semi encounter, maybe.
Bill Baka

Bill,

Ya gotta killfile the ass.

Mike Vandeman is a sick individual and he needs mental help.

For telling the truth? You must be the sick one....

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 25th 07, 06:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 04:13:20 GMT, Bill wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
SOOO like a mountain biker, to totally miss the point and poopoo what
anyone else knows. Would it really hurt your little ego to admit that
you don't know everything, and maybe don't even know how to protect
yourself? You are like a caricature of the ignorant mountain biker.

No,
I'm so over-educated that now I know how much I don't know, and there
isn't a class for, well, everything.
Bill Baka

So much for your alleged "Vandeman" filter....

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 25th 07, 01:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_2_]

Mike
So you admit that you go camping. By hiking/backpacking to your
campsite you have an impact on the habitat, maybe to a lesser degree
than mountain biking,

Not "maybe", DEFINITELY.

Assume you are correct for the moment (which I do not), but by your own
admission, hiking does impact the habitat, why do you choose to destroy
the very thing you wish to protect??

My impact is minimal, which you know as well as I.

So you do admit that you do have a negitive (Yet minimal) impact on the
exact thing that you wish to protect. So why do you continue??

Old June 25th 07, 11:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
CowPunk

Default Professor injured while riding his bike, may have been due to dog

"There was no paint transfer on his bike or helmet, and there was no
damage to the bike," Ratliff said. "The road he was on is in a wooded
area. It may be that he was distracted by a deer or someone's dog."
http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/2000/01/artprof107.html