Can you make it to the market on a bike?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 23rd 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.planning.urban
donquijote1954

Default Can you make it to the market on a bike?

On Jul 23, 12:25 am, wrote:

I'm car-free, and I can haul a LOT of groceries with my cargo trike:

http://drumbent.com/trike.html

Also, since it's big and takes up a whole lane I don't get hassled at
all in terms of asserting my right to be on the road (having lights
and turn signals helps).

And not only can I get groceries with it, I just moved house with it
too:

http://drumbent.blogspot.com/2007/07...ng-photos.html

Congratulations, Mark. That's the way too go. Actually I think it
takes more courage to do what you do than to fight in Iraq. And at
least you do it for a good cause.

But around here I'd have to engage in many hand-to-hand combats with
enraged drivers.