Cell phone junkies are as bad as drunks!

Old August 30th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

Default Cell phone junkies are as bad as drunks!

On Aug 2, 8:25*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * (Bill Z.) writes:

One might figure that driving like you are drunk for 1 second per hour
is less serious than doing the same thing for 20 minutes per hour: a
difference of a factor of 1200 in the total enhanced risk per hour.
Even if you change stations 6 times per hour, its still a factor of
200 (figuring on 1 second per station change).

Unless one is dealing with a bunch *of
dozy *******s who have to put their
reading glasses on, in order to answer
the phone, while asleep or otherwise
distracted at the wheel. *And hurtling
a ton & a half of machinery down the street,
and hoping to not hit anything in the process.

Reading glasses: I put 'em on to see what I'm
doing, and take 'em off to see where I'm going.
It's a bitch.

I hope you don't run anybody over.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Because I work the graveyard shift, I am at risk of being hit by a
sleepy driver with poor night vision.

Cell phone junkies are as bad as drunks! KingOfTheApes General 82 August 30th 08 12:26 PM
Cell Phone [email protected] General 2 April 29th 05 12:56 PM
GPS CELL PHONE Equiped g.daniels Techniques 0 July 18th 03 03:43 PM