bike light ticket

Old February 4th 05, 07:16 AM
Tom Keats

In article . com,
"ray o'hara" writes:

Tom Keats wrote:
In article .com,
"ray o'hara" writes in part:

They are fine conveyances for
the country but as urban vehicles they are a hazard

That's sort of how I feel about cars & trucks.

a healthy idea, you tangle with a car or truck and they get their paint
scratched , you get crushed,

Exactly. Cars & trucks are hazardous to the people
they 'tangle' with. Too much so. Cars & trucks don't
really belong in highly populated areas.

you tangle with a pedestrian and they get
knocked down and you go over the handle bars.

I keep my eyes open for jaywalkers. I've never hit
a pedestrian (not even ones in dark clothing at
night,) and have no intentions of so doing.

and watch out for people
exiting parkes cars, that opening door can hurt.

I ride well away from the door zone for just that reason.

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old February 4th 05, 02:47 PM
Tim McNamara

"Mike Marlow" writes:

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
news

"Mike Marlow" wrote: (clip) Among the ranks of adult bike riders I
would say that by far, most of them seem to have something to prove
on the road.

You have a tendency to
remember the bad examples you have seen, and ignore the vast
majority, who do not impose on your life. Then you judge the
entire group on the basis of this skewed sampling, and the faulty
judgement based on it. This is the basis of most prejudice.

Talk about prejudice... You don't know me from Adam and you
immediately draw that conclusion about me simply because I countered
your assertion. With examples, at that. Ok, zealot, whatever you
say.

Dudes, you've been trolled. Simple as that. The OP was a troll, who
included the NASCAR newsgroup in hopes of starting a flame war. DON'T
FEED THE TROLLS.
Old February 11th 05, 04:56 PM
Veloise

william lynch wrote:
... At the
hearing (which is an arraignment) simply be very nice and cordial
to the judge, always refer to him or her as "Your Honor", only talk
when he or she asks you a question, and explain what happened *when
asked*. Nothing will **** off a judge faster than just blabbing in
court. If you are nice about it, and have some proof that the bike
light thing has been fixed, then the judge will probably dismiss the
failure-to-appear and the bike light both. Being nice in a room
full of jerks goes a long way....

Wearing a coat and tie can't hurt, either. In a roomfull of jerks with
their plumber's cracks showing and wearing their holiest T-shirts,
looking like a non-violator is a good thing.

--Karen M.
IANAL

Why not generator lights? davidd86 Techniques 419 January 7th 05 04:43 PM
Still Looking for a bike [email protected] UK 19 September 5th 04 10:25 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Social Issues 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM
reccomendations for a rear bike light Arpit Australia 29 December 28th 03 01:00 PM